Chapter 18

I woke up wearily staring at the ceiling above me, "Alyssa." Cedric grabbed my hand tightly. I sat up groaning, he sat on my bed wrapping his arms around me. "You were attacked by dementors Lyss." I closed my eyes as I tried to process what had happened. "When was I attacked?" Cedric sighed, "last night. You've been out for over fourteen hours." I slowly swung my legs over the bed. "You can't just leave." I scoffed, "Cedric I have to talk to someone. I promise it's important." He nodded handing me clean clothes. "Come find me after please." I smiled, "I will." I gave him a quick kiss then changed hurrying to Professor Lupins office.

I knocked on his office door, and he let me in. "Alyssa. How are you feeling?" I shrugged, "I'm fine." He raised his eyebrows, "well I highly doubt that. What you did was dangerous, and irresponsible." I nodded, "I know. But...." I stopped talking when I noticed all the boxes. "You're leaving?" I wasn't sure why I felt slightly hurt and betrayed by this . "I have too. Parents won't want a werewolf teaching their kids." I sighed, "what happened to Sirius." Lupin smiled, "you guys all saved him. He's in hiding." I slowly nodded, "well thank you." He narrowed his eyes, "for what?" I held up my arm, "the bracelet, for making sure I was okay after everything." Professor Lupin continued packing, "you reminded me so much of him." I smiled, "that's a good thing now right?" He nodded, "I think so. You should go see your friends, they were all quite worried about you." I looked down, "I saw Cedric." Lupin smiled, "he refused to leave your side." I laughed, "yes I know." I then looked away, "well you were a great professor. I hope you have a good holidays." Professor Lupin put his hand on my shoulder. "I wish you all the best as well, and as brave as you might be, if anything happens please use the bracelet." I twisted it around my wrist, "can I ask you just one last question?" He nodded. "Who will hear I'm asking for help?" Lupin sighed, "Dumbledore or I, we're the only ones who know about it." I bit my lip, "goodbye professor." He gave me a small wave, "you're a strong kid Alyssa, remember that."

I saw Harry Ron and Hermione in the griffindor common room. "Alyssa." They exclaimed excitedly. I hugged them all happily. And then braced myself as Hermione began lecturing me, "you shouldn't have done that Alyssa." Ron scoffed, "leave the girl alone." I smiled, "I'm okay, it's over." Harry hugged me again, "you tried to save him. Sirius thought you got the kiss. You scared us all." I hugged Harry again, "I'm here that's what matters okay?" They nodded and we packed up all our Hogwarts belongings. "Do you guys know where he went Lupin just said he's in hiding." They shook their heads, "no we don't know." I sighed, "well at least he's safe for now." We sat on the couch and I moved over as Fred and George joined. "So is Cedric a bad kisser?" Fred asked. I looked at him confused. "Why do you ask?" They smirked, "well you went and kissed a dementor. Now tell us is that considered cheating, or is your relationship open like that?" Even I couldn't contain my smile. "I'm sure Cedric doesn't mind." I forgot I was supposed to go and see him. "Actually speaking of Cedric I should go and talk to him."

I showered quickly first, then made my way to the great hall where I assumed he would be. "What do you say one last walk to the lake?" I nodded grabbing his hand. The nerves for going home were starting to build up. "Are you sure you're okay?" I smiled, "yes Ced. Just a little freaked out from last night." He smiled, "you really are one of a kind." I smirked, "aren't you glad you chose to date me?" He laughed, "I couldn't imagine it any other way." He sat on the bench and I lay down resting my head in his lap. "I'm gonna miss you in the summer." He played with my hair, "me too Lyss." I sighed staring at the lake. We didn't talk too much today just sat together, taking comfort in one another.