Chapter 14

A couple weeks into the term I got a letter from home, while eating breakfast. "You haven't gotten mail all year." Ron blurted out. I shrugged opening them letter.

Dear daughter,
It is with greatest regret that I am to inform you that it is absolutely necessary you return home at the end of term. Your mother will be waiting at the platform. If you try any means of escaping I will know, and make no mistake any person helping you will suffer. That is a promise.
-Lucious Malfoy

I stared at the letter blankly, Fred and George were now waiting for a reaction from me. "Alyssa, it's time." I sighed staring at my friends infront of me. "There's something I haven't told you guys, I don't know why I was scared, well embarrassed mostly." Hermione squeezed my hand, "you shouldn't be afraid to tell us anything Alyssa." I nodded, "my father made it clear I was not to befriend you guys again. Obviously that was not going to happen, but when Draco got injured as I was taking him to the wing we got in a bit of an argument, Snape heard and wrote to my father, who then appeared at the school." Fred narrowed his eyes confused, and kept going, "Anyway, he dragged me into Dumbledores office, professor Lupin was in there too. He started yelling about a handful of different things, one of them being that I would not be welcome home. I didn't tell anyone because I'm embarrassed that my own father kicked me out, and completely disregarded me." George wrapped his arm around me, "you should've told us Lyss." Ron nodded, "you're saying Harry knew?" I looked at Harry, "yes but I didn't tell him, he wasn't supposed to know, I begged him to keep it quiet." Fred bit his lip, "is that why you were here all holidays." I nodded sheepishly. George shook his head, "we would've all been there for you, you shouldn't have spent your holdidays alone." I shrugged, "I know, I do wish I told you all sooner, but now..." I put my head in my hands, trying to process everything myself.

Hermione grabbed my hand, "how could it possibly get worse Alyssa." I handed them the letter, "father came back to the school to speak with Dumbledore he demanded to see me but Dumbledore refused. He's making me go back to the manor after term." Harry stared at me, "why? I thought he wanted nothing to do with you." I nodded, "he's making me prove myself to death eaters." They all sat back, "we've got to get you out of here." I shook my head, "no you saw the letter, and they'll find me. Look it's not the end of the world father can't keep me out of school he knows that, it's just for the summer. I'll be fine."

None of them looked convinced, "I'm sorry to just spring all that on you guys." George shook his head, "why are you sorry?" I shrugged standing up, "I'll see you guys later, I need to talk to Cedric." They all whispered a small goodbye and I made my way over to where Cedric was standing. "Hello love." I smiled giving him a quick hug, "good morning." He wrapped his arm around my waist and we made our way to the astronomy tower. "I told my friends about everything." Ced stopped and looked down at me, "are you okay?" I nodded looking down at the lake, "I'm fine trust me." He held my hand giving it a quick squeeze, "alright I believe you." I set my head against his chest, "I'm thinking about running." Cedric placed his hand on the back of my head, "maybe you should, but I'll be damned if I let you go alone." I gave him a kiss and then checked the time, "I'll see you after class?" He nodded, "of course, and Alyssa, don't think about it too much. We're going to figure it all out love." I smiled, then turned around walking to class.

I had potions with Snape and Draco which I was dreading the absolute most. I walked into the room taking my seat beside Ron. "This is one class I didn't miss," he whispered. I smiled pulling out my book, "me too Ron." Snape marched up to the front of the classroom, "today we are going to create a simple potion, that is a lighter version of the truth potion." I flipped my book to the page gathering around a table with Hermione and Harry. It took about half an hour to finish mine, and once all of us had finished we were each required to take a sip. Snape came to our table. "Ronald, what is you're last name?" Ron replied, "Weasley." He turned to Hermione, "what is your least favourite class?" She looked down, "divination," covering her mouth after she said it. Snape rolled his eyes, "who is your best friend?" Harry blurted, "Ronald.. and Hermione.. and Alyssa." He then turned to me, "what is your worst fear." My eyes shifted down, and before I cold stop it.. "my family." He shook his head, and under his breath muttered, "pathetic." I glared at him, "so is this class." I walked out and went straight to the forest.

I collapsed on the trail against a tree, I hated my father, I hated Slytherins, I hated Draco, and I especially hated Snape. I picked up rocks throwing them as hard as I could at the lake. My vision was blurring slightly, as I put more effort into my throws.