Chapter 25

I sat miserably pushing my breakfast around my plate, I was still mad at myself about last night. And I was angry at my situation in general, Sirius looked over disapprovingly at my plate. "None of that food is making its way into your mouth." I looked down at the plate as well, "I'm not very hungry." Remus shook his head, "take a few bites, then see how you feel." Sirius stood up, "enough of this Alyssa, I'm not letting you destroy yourself because of those people." He stormed out and I sighed putting my fork down. "He's just stressed out. We're worried about you." I bit my lip, "I know, but I'm scared." He nodded, "I understand...." he stopped mid sentence looking at the person in the doorway.

"Mum." I whispered shocked. She opened her arms and I ran into them letting her hold me tightly. "Hello sweetheart." Sirius gave me a small smile. "What are you doing here?" She pushed my hair back, "you're not eating, sleeping, and you look awful. Sirius asked me to come." I rested my head on her shoulder. "If you ever want any chance of getting back at your father you need to stay strong." I took a deep breath not wanting to let go. "I miss you, but I know you're getting treated much better here." I nodded, "I miss you too." Sirius pulled a chair for her, beside me. "Eat Alyssa." I did as she said. "And just like that she eats." Sirius scoffed. Mum smiled, "you just don't have the motherly charm." Sirius nodded, "I thought Remus was the mother figure here?" Remus rolled his eyes, and my mom smiled. "I really do thank you for getting her out. Lucious.. he's not right... he would've.." Sirius sighed, "I know what he would've done." Remus nodded, "I was happy to help, she's an exceptional young lady."

My mum squeezed my hand, "I've heard about a boyfriend." I nodded happily, "his name is Cedric." She nodded, "I hope one day I'll meet him." I took another bite of my toast, "mum, is father making Draco do what I was supposed to." She bit her lip, "I don't want you to worry about any of that." I sighed sitting back, "I had this dream mum." She looked at me concerned, "about what?" I told her everything that happened in my dream. Her eyes were filled with horror, "I would never hurt you like that, Draco wouldn't either. He loves you, he just has a hard time showing that." I looked down, "does father have a hard time showing it too?" She shook her head, "that's different and you know that." I nodded, "I'm sorry." She pulled me onto her lap like I was a baby, and hugged me. "You will always be my little girl." I rested my head on her shoulder letting myself relax.

"Sirius, I know this is inappropriate. But Bellatrix..." Sirius shook his head, "she's not right. I'm sorry." I knew she was talking about my aunt who was in Azkaban. "I'm sorry mum." She shook her head, "I'll be okay." Remus set down a piece of pie in front of me and my mother. "Thank you." She replied taking small bites. Sirius sat back, "you should come by more often Narcissa, I think she missed you." I smiled realizing how much of a baby I looked like. My mother wasn't known to be cuddly and loving, but to me and Draco she was much different. She looked down at me, "it's safer here. Remus, I do have a question for you." He looked up. "How did you get in, to Alyssa? When you came to get her?" He nodded towards the bracket on my wrist. "When Dumbledore found out about Lucious' plan, he created it. Strong enough to get through most protection charms." She twisted the bracelet around, "this saved your life, when I was supposed to, a bracelet of all things." I touched it lightly, "how would you have known what was going to happen." She sighed, "I'm your mother." I smiled, "the best one I couldn't asked for." She hugged me again, rocking me back and forth. "Promise me you're gonna take care of yourself." I nodded, "I promise mum."

The three of us walked my mum to the front door. "Goodbye love." She whispered kissing my forehead. "I love you Mom." She smiled, "I love you more." I gave her one last hug, "I love you most." She thanked Remus, and extended Sirius her hand, "goodbye cousin." He shook it and we watched as she apparated away. Sirius wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "You missed your mummy." I smiled staring at where she stood seconds before. Remus hit him, "everyone needs their mum sometimes, come on in its cold out."

Later on the three of us sat in the living room we played muggle music, and I sat back watching them play wizards chess. "You up for a round?" Sirius asked. I shook my head no. "I have a question for you both." They turned around waiting for me to continue. "You see I haven't talked to or seen Cedric in a while. I was wondering if I would be allowed to go and see him." Sirius shook his head, "no way in hell are you leaving to hang out with a boy." Remus sighed, "Sirius. When would you like to see him?" I started to answer but was cut off. "He can come here, you're not leaving to see him." I sighed sitting back, "would that be okay?" Remus nodded, "yes of course." Sirius rolled his eyes, "not in the bedroom, Remus is with you at all times, no closed doors, he leaves at 8pm latest." I smiled, "yes sir." Remus laughed, "Sirius will be in hiding, so it's not up to him anyway." I looked over apologetically, "I forgot about that, sorry." He shrugged, "it'll give me some peace getting away from you two." I leaned back onto the couch, "should I write to my friends, I think their worried." Remus nodded, "Dumbledore let them know, but I think it's a good idea for you to talk to them yourself." I stood up ready to go write to them and go to bed. "Thank you for letting my mum come." I said to Sirius. He stood up wrapping his arms around me, "goodnight." I then gave Remus a quick hug, "sleep tonight Alyssa."