Chapter 5

Today was Harry's first quidditch game, i got up early wearing my red sweater, and Gryffindor scarf for support. Then put on a pair of ripped jeans. "Hey Hermione," I smiled. "You're ready early." I laughed, "of course I'm excited." She nodded getting out of bed, "I have so much school to do." I scoffed, "Hermione you can take a break, you know that right?" She rolled her eyes getting dressed. "No Alyssa, I can't afford to take a break right now." I shook my head walking down to the common room, Fred and George were down already talking about their plans for the game, and I saw Oliver Wood looking stressed in the corner. "You guys ready?" I asked. Both nodded eagerly, "better believe it Malfoy." I stared at Fred for a second. "What's up with you?" I shrugged, "nothing, just you usually call me Alyssa." George nodded, "I forgot Malfoy isn't exactly suited for you anymore." I shook my head, "no not particularly." I waved goodbye deciding to go for a walk.

Cedric Diggory stepped out in front of me causing me to collide with him. "Oh I'm sorry," he offered a genuine apology. "It's okay.." I stuttered trying to walk around him. "Hey you're Alyssa right?" I nodded, "yes and you're Cedric." He shot me a small smile, "you look lost." I shrugged, "I'm just going for a walk, what are you doing out here?" He smiled, "trying to clear my head, got quidditch today." I nodded, "you nervous?" He laughed, "of course, Harry's the seeker." I grinned, "I guess he is a pretty good seeker." Cedric nodded, "I get you're one of his best friends, but you should be giving luck to me, I'll need it." I smiled, "ya you just might." Cedric looked at the sky, "I'm ready for breakfast, what do you say we go ask the house elves for some food early." I agreed following him into the kitchens. "Ms. Malfoy," one addressed me. I looked at it in shock, that they even knew who I was, "You can call me Alyssa." The elf nodded continuing on. "Um would it be okay if we grabbed some food now?" I asked nervously. "Of course Ms... Alyssa?" I grabbed a plate passing Cedric one we took it out to Black Lake.

"Sometimes I forget how famous and important your family is." He said eating his eggs. I rolled my eyes, "trust me, they're nowhere near as important as they seem." Cedric nodded, "so what happened you know, when you didn't get put in Slytherin." I looked away, "my father disowned me. Draco just avoids me, and my mom well she still cares, I can tell." He smiled at me, "that must've been hard." I smiled, "must've? it still is, having my whole family hate me over a stupid sorting ceremony. My father thinks I'm a traitor." Cedric scoffed, "a traitor?" I nodded, "apparently I'm like some double agent or whatever, like I could get any information on my father the man barely speaks to me. He forbade me from going home a week ago." I stoped talking clamping my hand over my mouth. "He said you couldn't go home?" I slowly nodded, mad at myself for letting that slip. "What are you going to do?" I shrugged, "I have no idea, I haven't told anyone else yet. Can you please..." he held up his hand, "your secrets more then safe with me. I nodded, "well Professor Lupin knows actually and Dumbledore does too I suppose, they were both there when he said it." Cedric leaned back against a tree, "god, you see what happens when you get to know other people? I would've never guessed any of that from looking at you, ya know?" I laughed, "I guess that's true, what about you? What should I know about your family? Any dark and secretive pasts?" He shook his head, "nothing compared to the Malfoy and Black family." I rolled my eyes, "then consider yourself very lucky." He smiled, grabbing my plate, "we should hang out again." I nodded, "I'm good with that. I had fun." He stood up helping me up, "see you at the game?" I laughed, "wouldn't miss it, I'm already ready."

I saw everyone sitting at the Griffindor table. "Alyssa, where'd you go?" Hermione asked. "Just for a walk, ran into Cedric talked to him a bit." Ginny looked at me in awe, "you talked to Cedric Diggory." I laughed, "yes Ginny. Harry he's nervous about the game today, says you're a great seeker." Harry nodded, "so is he. Remind me again why you were talking to him?" I narrowed my eyes brows, "just bumped into him. Is there something wrong with that." Harry shook his head no. And I scowled as Draco marched into the hall, still dramatizing the scratch on his arm. "You guys in a fight?" Ron asked shoving bacon down his mouth. "It's not important." Hermione smiled, "no it's not Ronald stop being so nosy." He glared at her, "I'm not speaking to you right now." I looked at Harry, "what's this fight about?" Harry shrugged, he seemed just as lost. "Crookshanks ate Scabbers. Murdered him." I looked to a Hermione, "that's not true there's no evidence." Ron threw his arms up, "why would I need evidence that cats been eyeing him up since we've been here." I waited around for them to finish eating and then me and Hermione got seats for the match.