Chapter 58

When I woke up the next morning I took my time opening my eyes, I knew it was time to go back to Hogwarts today, and I really didn't want to. "Morning." Remus smiled waking me up. I sighed sitting up, "I have to go back? You can't say I got attacked by another snake or something?" Sirius shook his head, "really?" I grabbed clothes out of my bag heading to the bathroom to get ready. "Alyssa?" I stepped back as Fred walked out of his room. "Hey." I nodded. "Listen, I just want to make sure you're alright?" I hit him lightly, "Fred I'm alright, it was a rough day." He gave me a small smile, "alright Lyss."

I heard Molly call us down for breakfast and made my way to the table. "You all ready to go back?"
Molly asked putting food out on the table. Most of the Weasleys nodded, probably because they were forced to clean the entire house yesterday. "Eat up everyone, leaving in one hour."

I ate my breakfast quickly and then packed up my things. I only got two days here, and all I really wanted two months. "What are you thinking about?" Sirius asked. I shrugged, "how I'd rather be going anywhere but Hogwarts." He laughed, "I was never like you, Hogwarts was my favourite place to go." I nodded, "well I was like that once too, you really have done a lot for me. I appreciate it." He pulled me in for one last hug, "you're doing good kid, I'm proud to call you family. I'm not leaving, write more often will you?"

I agreed just staying in his arms, "God, I just want to feel better Sirius." He sighed, "Oh Alyssa, it all takes time. But know he's looking down on you, he's alright, and I know he wouldn't want you to feel this way forever." I bit my lip, "I feel like it's my job, ya know. I'm supposed to cry out for him, and.." Sirius stepped back, "no dear, that's not true. If it were you, think about it. You would not want Cedric to blame himself, and stay miserable forever. Thats a terrible thing, and Cedric wouldn't want that." I nodded, "I should tell you something. It's important."

He sat down leaving room for me. "I was walking back to Hogwarts that day, and I was so angry, some kids were asking for the truth about Cedric's death, and I was done. They had no right, and Harry had told them the truth over and over again." Sirius sighed, "I'm sorry." I nodded, "I took some stupid shortcut and I knew something was following me. I can't explain the fear that went through my body the moment that thing lunged at me, but right after everything went black. I opened my eyes and saw Cedric, standing there being his perfect self. He showed me around this place until I realized it was the home, that we had pictured for ourselves. It was an exact replica. Our fake kids were there playing in their treehouse, they ran up to me. I felt them, they hugged me. It gets stranger, I already told Harry this. I saw his parents, they were begging me to turn back, to take care of Harry. They said they knew everything that I'd been through, but they still wanted me to give life a second chance. James told me he could see how much you and Remus cared about me, that I was a little you." Sirius sighed, "you almost died. I should have been there."

I shook my head, "It wouldn't have mattered, I don't know if what I saw was true or not, but it felt real, I wanted it to be. Lily and James were too kind, they really were, and I'm lucky to have you all, they made me remind myself of that." Sirius nodded, "they were amazing people, I hope it was real for your sake, they would've loved you as much as I do." I smiled, "thank you, I hope the order goes better. I already miss you." He laughed, "Go don't miss the train, and hey, I'm expecting you to write." I waved goodbye meeting everyone in the kitchen. "Bye dear," Arthur nodded. I gave him a small smile, "feel better." Remus pulled me in, "be careful, promise?" I laughed, "I'll do my best." He sighed, "I'll take that. Goodbye, write soon." I nodded, "love you." He kissed my forehead, "love you too."

When we got to the train I sat in a compartment with Hermione and Ron. "So tell me, how's Dumbledores army doing?" Hermione smiled, "everyones doing great, they're learning and thats what is important." I nodded in agreement, "I'll be there next time, hex you into tomorrow Harry." He laughed, "you're on." Ron shook his head in amazement, "You should see how far Neville has come Alyssa, it is insane." Hermione smiled, "I wish you could've been there." I shrugged, "me too, next time I'll have to look out for deadly snakes." Harry elbowed me, "maybe don't take stupid shortcuts." I rolled my eyes, leaning my head on his shoulder, "I'm glad you found me, I felt ready, but I wasn't ready to die."