Chapter 19

It was the last day of the semester and i miserably threw all my belongings into the trunk huffing as I sat on my bed. "Are you okay?" Hermione asked. I nodded taking a deep breath, "stressed, that's it." She sat down beside me, "would your family really hurt you?" I scoffed, "do you know the Malfoys?" She wrapped her arm around me, "I'm sorry Alyssa." I shrugged, "I'll be fine." She smiled, "are we aloud to write to you?" I shook my head no, "as much as I would love it if you could. I don't think my father would appreciate that." She nodded, "well know we are all thinking of you." I sighed standing up, "thank you I appreciate it."

I boarded the train and sat looking out the window sadly. Ron Harry and Hermione were trying to be quiet but I could hear them talking about their summer plans. When I grew tired of listening I stood up leaving the compartment I then found Fred and George. "Well hello there Alyssa." I smiled sitting down. "What're you guys doing?" They looked at each mischievously. "Working on some pranking items." I laughed as they walked me through each one. "It's wonderful." They high-fived. "Were almost home." Fred whispered. I sighed nerves building up. When we pulled into the station I saw my mother standing at the back.

Slowly I stood up placing one foot in front of the other. Draco got to her first. When she saw me I heard her tell Draco to go stand somewhere else. I threw my arms around her. "I'm so sorry baby." She said rocking me. "What's going to happen to me mom?" She sighed, "I'm not sure sweetheart, but I know your father is very angry." I hugged her tighter, "I'm scared, I'm really scared." She pulled away looking me in the eye. "You're strong Alyssa, I know you will get through this." I nodded, "I don't want to see dad." She gave me a small smile, "just get it over with, that's all I can say." I leaned my head onto her shoulder as we apparated back to the manor.

Father stood waiting in the kitchen for us. "Son, Narcissa, other room." I stood up taller facing my father. When they both left the room he walked towards me hatred filling his eyes. "You. Everything you've done." I flinched as he hit me square across the face. "You're going to pay." I held up my arms, "I'm sorry." He scoffed, "that's not enough anymore." I sighed, "then what is?" He hit me again, "do not raise that tone with me." I fell down after the fourth hit, my face was bloody and bruised. "You can't even hold yourself up, show some dignity." I painfully stood up, glaring at him. He raised his fist and it connecting with my face was the last thing I remember.

"Alyssa." I felt someone softly shake me. "Mom," I questioned. My head was pounding. "I can't stay long darling." She pressed a wet cloth against my face. "Your father will be coming to check on you soon." I shut my eyes groaning softly. "Mom I can't do it, I don't want to associate with death eaters." She cupped my face, "I know, but you must." She stood up giving me a small smile as she left the room.

"Alyssa Malfoy." My father hissed as he kicked open my door. "Get up." Quickly I stood up ignoring the pain. "You're going to listen, and you will listen good." I nodded. "Tomorrow you will obey every order, you will not fight, you will not protest, you will not bring even more dishonour to the family name." I looked down, "yes sir." He ripped my chin up to look him in the eyes, "if I see even a hint of disobedience on your behalf, I'll make your life even more miserable." I stepped back, "yes father." He hit me across the face making me fall back onto my bed. "Don't ever address me as your father again Alyssa." I nodded. "We will call you when we're ready for you. Until then don't leave your bedroom." When he left I lay on my bed praying there was a way for me to escape without getting anyone else involved.

Early the next morning I stood in my bathroom staring at my face. My eye was swollen, it was black and blue. Blood still stained my face and cuts had been formed in several places. I took a rag slowly washing the blood, wincing in pain. I then pulled out my makeup bag trying to cover as many of the bruises as I could. Next I applied dark mascara and eyeliner, something I knew death eaters would appreciate. I then put on a pair of black jeans and a tight black shirt. "Relax Alyssa." I whispered to myself. My door swung open and Draco came in. "Are you ready?" I nodded looking at myself one last time. He grabbed my hand squeezing it tightly. "You'll be okay. Just do as they say."