Chapter 3

I went back to the common room I saw all my friends sitting there in a circle laughing and playing chess. "Hey guys." I said sitting down. "Hey Lyss, you feeling better?" Hermione asked. I nodded, "ya a little, I'm excited for Hagrid's class tomorrow." Ron gulped, "are you mental have you not tried to open his book?" I laughed, "yes, you have to tickle the spine first Ron." He looked at me confused, "Is that true?" Hermione nodded, "yes Ronald." Harry even rolled his eyes. I played one game of chess before going to bed.

The next morning I woke up early had a quick shower and then got ready. I meet up with Fred and George on their way down to breakfast. "And how are you this lovely morning?" I laughed, "I'm splendid, and how are you two?" George did a small jump, "just dandy." They made me laugh the entire walk to the great hall. After we ate, me Ron and Harry made our way to Hagrids class. There he had some sort of giant bird. "This is Buckbeak, everyone." I stepped back, it looked terrifying. "When approaching one of these you must take it slow, make sure they bow down to you, if you come to quickly, they can become quite dangerous." I gulped, no part of me wanted to fo near the bird. "Harry why don't you give it a try." I gave Harry a small smile and watched as he slowly walked towards the creature. "That's it, now raise your hand to it." Harry did as instructed and I watched in amazement as the bird bowed down to him. "Now ride it." Hagrid lifted Harry onto it, and the bird took off. "What the..." Ron began. He gave me a scared look, making me laugh, "I'm sure he'll be okay, Hagrid wouldn't risk it."

We watched as the bird flew around Hogwarts and applauded as Harry landed gracefully. Draco stormed forward angrily pushing other students out of the way. He was basically yelling at the bird, i watched in horror as it kicked up hitting him as it came down. "Draco," I ran forward. "It tried to kill me, it tried to kill me. My father will hear about this." I lifted him up, "I'll take him to the wing. Sorry Hagrid." Hagrid stood there is shock, "let's go Draco." Draco was overreacting greatly, "I could've died." I sighed, "he told you not to approach the bird quickly." Draco scoffed, "your taking that idiots side over mine. Maybe father was right. You are a traitor." I bit my lip, holding back. "You don't care about us." I stopped walking, "no you're the one who stopped talking to me. Fathers the one who hates me, I'm not the one who doesn't care," I shouted. Snape rounded the corner, "now what is all this about traitors?" I looked down, "nothing professor." He nodded, "what happened Mr. Malfoy?" I let go of Draco, not caring to help him anymore. "I'm sure you can get yourself to the wing." He glared at me, "wouldn't expect you to help me anyway... traitor." It was taking everything inside of me not to hit him, "Ms. Malfoy I hope to see you in your lessons today, wouldn't want to have to assign a detention." Draco laughed, "I would give her one anyone professor." I stepped forward holding my wand up to his neck. "Ms.Malfoy, Dumbledores office. NOW."

I slowly made my way to his office. "Ah, Ms. Malfoy, to what do I owe the pleasure?" I gave him a small smile, "professor Snape sent me here." He nodded, "I see and why did he do that?" I shrugged, "I held my wand up to Draco." Dumbledore smiled, "ah I see some harmless sibling rivalry." I looked at him, "well you're free to go. Hope you attend your remaining classes." I nodded, "thank you, I will."

My next class was with Snape, potions. I walked into his classroom slightly late, "ah Ms. Malfoy, glad to see you made it to class." I nodded glaring at him, "10 points from Griffydor, and detention for being late." I sat down beside Ron miserably. "Detention already?" I smiled, "I guess so."

The rest of my day went by quickly and I found myself walking to the dungeons for detention. Professor Lupin was in the classroom as well. "Ah, I see you've managed to make it on time." I nodded. "Sit down, you will write out 500lines." I glared at him, "saying what?" He smirked, "I will not attack other students, or disregard studies." I began writing angrily, ignoring the sounds of Snape and Lupin speaking. "Oh and Ms.Malfoy, I've written to your father explaining today's events." I ignored this comment holding back my tears, "detention already," professor Lupin joked as he walked by, I gave him a small smile and continued writing.