Chapter 9

It had been a very cautious few days since Sirius' last attack. Everyone was so tense, Harry especially. It was late on Friday evening. Me Fred and George had been playing drinking games with their fire whiskey. I personally never drank much and I knew that I had far passed my limits. We were sitting together on the couch, and for an hour I couldn't contain my laughter. But suddenly my pain all hit me at once. "Hey I'm going to the washroom." I whispered, quickly running out of the common room. I was wrong about everything I didn't want to hate Draco, he was my brother, and he understood. I was using my arms to help guide me down the hallways. Everything was spinning for me, and I fell down crashing into someone. "Alyssa? What are you doing?" Harry pulled me up aggressively. I couldn't form an answer. "We've got to go." I tried to follow him but couldn't standup on my own.

"POTTER AND MALFOY." I jumped when I heard Snapes voice. "My office now." He spun around, and Harry wrapped his arm around me to help me walk. "Alyssa, pull it together." We both stood infront of Snapes desk. Me leaning on Harry for support. "Empty your pockets." He hissed. I laughed, pulling out a potion I was supposed to write out. Snape glared at me, then turned his attention to Harry. "Now you." I gasped as Harry pulled out the maurdaurers map. "Now what is this, probably filled with dark magic." I scoffed, "that's rubbish." Snape edged closer as Professor Lupin walked in. "Good evening." I bit my lip as Snape explained what was going on. Lupin nodded taking the map, "it seems like a simple jokester map. I'll take it to my office to investigate. Harry, Alyssa care to join me." Snape snarled, "yes Ms.Malfoy, let's see you try and stagger to Professor Lupins office."

Harry helped me to Lupins office, where they grabbed me a chair. "You smell of fire whiskey, Ms.Malfoy." I nodded looking down, "perfume." Lupin glared down at me, "ah so you can walk in a straight line?" I slowly pushed myself up carefully putting one foot in front of the other. "I've seen enough." He then turned to Harry, "where did you get this map?" Harry shrugged, "I found it." Professor Lupin merely nodded, "well I got the two of you out of trouble, don't expect that to happen again understand?" Harry nodded, and I stayed slouched in my chair. "Detention for you tomorrow Alyssa, and ten points from Griffydor. We can discuss you're behaviour more tomorrow." I was having trouble comprehending everything that he was saying. "Thank you Professor," Harry said as he helped me up. "Um just so you know that map showed someone who I believed to be dead." Lupin eyed Harry, "and who might that be?" Harry looked down, "Peter, Peter pettigrew." Remus shook his head, he looked almost angry, "that's not possible." My leg was beginning to give out and I put more weight on Harry. "Night professor." He stared at us for a moment longer, "get her water."

When we got to the common room Fred and George hurried over taking me from Harry. "Are you trying to kill her?" Fred and George shook their heads, "we didn't realize how much she actually drank." George threw my arm around his shoulder, helping me to the stairs. "Can you get up?" I nodded slowly taking each stair. "Get Hermione to help you okay?" I gave them a thumbs up laughing. Just as I reached the last step Hermione threw the door open. "Alyssa?" Harry shook his head, "can you get her into bed?" She quickly grabbed my hand laying out my Pjs. Then pulling my blankets overtop. "There's water on your table goodnight." I groaned taking a sip, "I'm never drinking again." She scoffed, "that will be in your best interest. You're lucky it's a Saturday tomorrow." I closed my eyes drifting off.

I woke up around 1pm the next afternoon. Slowly I stood up throwing my hair into a messy bun and changing into an oversized hoodie and some leggings. Fred and George sat on the couch playing chess. "There she is." Fred laughed hugging me. "Hermione and Harry made us sit here in case you woke up." I nodded, my head was throbbing. "Why don't you go eat you'll feel better." Instead of answering I pushed the door open walking down into the great hall. Draco stood at the entrance staring me down. "You're not looking so hot." I glared at him attempting to push through, he grabbed my arm, "hey, mom wanted me to give this to you." I took the package nodding. "Thank you." Draco shoved past me, "don't thank me I wouldn't be caught dead giving anything to you." His comment made me more miserable then I already was. Ron waved at me from the table, "hey Alyssa." I gave them a small smile, "hello." Harry passed me a piece of bread, "eat." I took it gratefully and grabbed a glass of water. "Sorry about last night." I apologized. Harry laughed, "don't be the look on Snapes face was priceless. You did get detention though." I rolled my eyes, "yes I do remember that." Hermione grinned, "at least professor Lupin got you two out of trouble with Snape." I nodded eating my toast, "that is true."