Chapter 71

Remus Tonks and I decided to stay with the weasleys, along with Ron's older brother Bill and his fiancé Fleur. They wanted to be together in case anything happened, I never wanted to be alone so I was always with everyone, but on the inside I'd never felt so alone. Harry wasn't here, Remus was, and he tried with me, and I wanted to be alright, but everything that had happened kept swirling around in my head, I couldn't escape.

I had woken up a few hours ago but remainned in bed. This was my usual routine, it was a fight to get myself out of bed and dressed. Fred and George were awake, and talking, they had been for awhile, and I continued staring at the wall blankly listening. "Alyssa?" Fred whispered shaking me softly. I looked up at him. "Why don't we go for a walk? Get out of this room?" I bit my lip contemplating it for a moment, George ripped off my blankets. "Come on now." They threw a pair of jeans and one of Cedric's old sweaters at me turning around so I could change. "I'm done." I whispered, this was the first thing I said all morning. "Splendid." Fred grabbed my hand, dragging us all to the kitchen. "Morning mum." They greeted Molly. She smiled giving us all a kiss, "sit down, breakfast is almost ready." I sighed doing as I was told, slowly piling on eggs and fresh fruit. "Morning." Remus greeted, placing a gentle kiss on my forehead. "What are you three up too?" Fred held up his fork, "we're going for a walk." Tonks walked in next squeezing Remus' hand, "I'm afraid that will have to wait." I looked up curiously, "why's that?" Remus placed his hand on my shoulder, "you'll see."

A few minutes later madeye Hagrid and a few others appeared on the grounds outside. Hermione was with them, she jumped into Rons arms then turned around embracing me, "I've missed you." I nodded hugging her tightly, "I've missed you too." Madeye stormed by, "enough of this." I followed them all inside listening intently on how we were going to get to Harry. I wasn't sure how I felt about seeing him again, we'd both lost so much and the last thing I remembered was holding him while we sat looking over Dumbledores body.

"Death eaters may be on our trail, some we may know." Madeye stared at me. "We must not let those feelings get in the way of our mission is that understood?" I looked down not answering, "Alyssa Malfoy." I stood up glaring at him, "Yes I understand that if my brother or my father is to come after us, you'd like me to kill them." He started to speak again, but I cut him off, "you know nothing about my brother, or my..." he laughed, "your father? About all the muggles he's killed, the innocent people he's tortured, hell the man even tried to kill you. His own daughter, and yet your still protecting them." I shook my head at a loss for words, leaving the kitchen sitting out by the water instead.

I smiled at Fred and George when they followed me out. "You went for our walk without us?" I sat back leaning onto George, "Madeye he wasn't wrong, but he just made me so angry, he really has no idea." Fred nodded, "no he doesn't, but he's only focused on one thing." I sighed, "Harry."

We looked up as Remus and Tonks walked towards us hands entangled. "Boys, may we have a minute?" The both stood up leaving the three of us. "How are you doing?" Tonks whispered. I shrugged, "I'm alright." Remus hugged me, "you're not getting to old for me are you?" I gave him a small smile, laying my head onto his shoulder. "I'm sorry about Madeye." I sighed, "he's right, what happens if it is Draco?" Tonks nodded, "Alyssa you have to remember who's side he's on. He's a death eater now. You saw it yourself." I shook my head, "but he didn't want to be. My father..." Remus stopped me, "you can't keep defending him. Draco's responsible for his own choices. You accepted help when it was offered, he didn't." I sighed, "it's more complicated Remus, I didn't want your help. But my mother told me he was going to kill me. If I hadn't been told that, then I wouldn't have used your bracelet. I wouldn't be where I am right now." Tonks gave me a small smile, "I wish it were easier Alyssa I truly do." I nodded, "if I had known how much I was going to lose back then maybe I would've let him." Remus forced me to look at him, "I know how hard everything has been I've watched you go through it all and it breaks my heart but you can't start thinking like that." I bit my lip, "no the problem is I can't stop thinking like that." Tonks grabbed my hand placing it on top of her belly, "we were going to wait to tell you but I want you to be excited about something." I felt a small kick, "a baby?" She nodded, "a little boy." Remus wrapped me in another hug, "he's lucky to have an older sister like you, no one will ever mess with this kid." I smiled, "they better not."