Chapter 17: Names

"Remember that a person's name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language."
~Dale Carnegie~

Tick Tock. Tick Tock. Tick Tock.

The sound of the clock is the only thing that I could decipher besides the smell of wood around me.

I can't see, a blindfold wrapped around my eyes.

Speaking is not also a choice. I have a gag preventing me to open my mouth.

The worst part is I can't even move a muscle. My head is the only part of my body that I could move since I woke up. My arms, wrist, torso and legs are bound by what I guess are large ropes.

I could hear the clock ticking but I don't have any idea how many hours had passed after the unknown man knocked me out. Hell, I don't even know if it's been days.

My stomach grumbled, indicating the hunger I was feeling. The last time I ate was when I was with the hatter, joining his mad tea party. That, isn't even a proper meal. I drank so much tea and I only ate the candies infront of me.

A click sounded throughout the emptiness of the room I am staying in. After that, a creaking noise of a door opening was heard followed by a pair of shoes making contact with the ground.

I felt the person who entered the room heading towards my direction and stopped right behind me.

The air in the room seemed too thick and the silence after that made my insides churn in fear.

"Did you slept well, señorita?" The person asked and I assumed that the question is directed to me.

I remained silent. It's not like I could answer his question verbally with the gag tightly latched on my mouth.

"My bad, ofcourse you can't talk with that piece of cloth in your mouth." The man spoke and removed the gag from my mouth.

He also removed the blindfold around my eyes. Blinking my eyes slowly to adjust my vision, I saw the man has moved from behind me to my front view.

He was the same man who knocked me out. The one who told me that the master he's serving told him to abduct me.

His emerald eyes watched me carefully, a smirk plastered on his luscious pink lips. He kinda looks like my lover if not for his eyes and lips. Jungkook's upper lip is not full and his eyes are big and is a warm shade of brown.

"What does he want from me?" I hissed, my voice breaking because of my parched throat.

The man raised a brow before grabbing something from behind me.

A plate of food appeared infront of me and my stomach instantly grumbled from the view. I pressed my lips into a thin line to suppress the embarassment I felt.

"Now, now, seems like the señorita is starving." The man laughed before untying the bounds of rope on my wrists and arms. "Eat. We have a long way to go to the master's castle."

Castle? His master lives in a castle?

"Don't even think of escaping señorita. I'd be more than glad to break your bones if you try moving against my commands." The man stated, his eyes narrowing at my form.

I started eating silently. The food looks strange but I'm glad that it's edible. The grumbling monster inside my stomach seemed to calm down after a chewed the first bite of the food.