Chapter 2: Endearments

"Endearments should only be given to those who stays not just for a long time, but for the one's whose not going to leave at all."
~RG2108

"Sweetheart, I'm home."

Not long after that call, a familiar man came inside my dining area, frowning at me.

"I told you that I'll just bring food here so you don't need to cook but look at that, you prepared a feast." The man sighed.

I raised a brow. "You don't want to eat what I prepared?"

His eyes widened and he immediately shook his head. "No, of course not, what I mean is you should have rested intead of cooking this."

"Let's just eat, okay? The food is getting cold." I sighed sitting in the nearest seat while the man sat across mine.

"Y/N, tell me if there is something bothering you alright?" He stated, getting a hold of my hand and caressing it gently.

"We'll talk about this later tonight, Jungkook." I said and continued eating my dinner.

"Sure." My boyfriend replied.

After eating our dinner, I washed the dishes and Jungkook took a warm shower. I'm wiping the last plate when strong arms suddenly snaked their ways on my waist, pressing me to a firm chest.

He rests his chin in the space between my neck and shoulder then took a sniff. Upon his affectionate actions, I flinch moving away a little so I could turn to look at him.

"Get away from me, I stink." I shooed the man infront of me that's only covered with a towel hanging loosely around his waist.

"Tsk, as if you ever did." Jungkook commented.

I pushed him a little and walk towards my room. "Well, it's because I feel sticky because of sweat, Jeon."

"You never push me away when I show you my affection but you did just now." Jungkook pouted. "You don't love me anymore, Y/N?"

"What if I say yes?" I questioned playfully just to hear him scoff behind me.

"After all of the years I stayed by your side loyally, this is what I get in return?" Jungkook scoffed, rather playfully I think.

I chuckled facing him. "How many years are we together already, Jungkook?"

"Since your mother broke the news that she's pregnant with her second baby." He answered in a matter-of-factly tone.

I grinned. He's really lifting my mood up. "That long? You sure about that?"

He raised a brow. "Yes, Ms. Bang, That long."

I snorted. "I bet my mom doesn't even know you at that time, Mr. Jeon."

He chuckled. "Trust me, Y/N, your mom knew me even before you came in our lives."

It's now my turn to raise my brow. "You met my mom only two years ago when you're still a suitor of mine. How come she knew you before?"

He smirked. "You forgot already? Your mom said the proof that she knew me even before you did so, two years ago. Want me to repeat what she said?"

My brows now furrowed, I'm curious of what my mom said that exact moment. "What is it?"

His smirk turned to a wide mischievous smile. "Does the phrase 'the young handsome boy' ring a bell, Y/N?"

As if on cue, my eyes widened at the sudden realization. Looking up, I locked eyes with my boyfriend that's looking like he won the life risking bet he made with one of his friends.

Flustered of the sudden flashback I recalled, I looked away and marched to the bathroom to also take a warm shower.

Inside the bathroom, I could still hear my boyfriend making fun of me. "It went just like this, "Hey handsome! Can I kiss you?!" He exclaimed, mimicking a high-pitched tone of a girl.

I groaned, covering my blushing face even though no one's inside the bathroom except me. "Shut up!" I screamed on top of my lungs still embarrassed.

And because my lover is a dork, I heard an unending laughter outside the bathroom I'm in.

'If he's still laughing because of what happened earlier, I'll make him sleep on my couch' I thought, walking out of my bathroom in my pyjamas.

The lights are turned off and the only place that has a glint of luminance is my bedroom. Tiptoeing my way to my room because there's a deafening silence surrounding me, I thought my lover is already sound asleep, but I found him sitting on my bed, his muscular arms crossed on his broad chest.

On my sudden entry, the man resting on my bed locked eyes with me. His tranced state earlier now just held an expressionless demeanor.

"Finally, after ages, you got out of the bathroom." My lover exclaimed, dramatically.

I scoffed, crossing my arms. "You take more than a century when you shower, Jeon."

He smiled displaying his bunny teeth. "Oh come on, sweetheart, love me." He whined and patted the space beside him on my bed.

Rolling my eyes playfully, I sat on the space beside my lover. Not long after, he was already clinging to me like a koala then we both layed down unto my bed.

"What happened earlier at work? You look upset." My lover asked, drawing circular motions on my waist.

"The newest story I wrote isn't qualified for the EIC's liking. He told me that it's a piece of trash." I replied, sighing after.

"He doesn't have the right to degrade your work. He lacks appreciation. Should I just fire him, sweetheart?" Jungkook queried as if he just didn't talk about firing an elder of their company.

"Sweetheart, as much as I want to see that old man grieving, I don't want you to use your power in your company just to avenge my loss." I sighed, wrapping my arms around his bare torso. "It's just that..... I don't know how to express myself anymore. I think I've run out of ideas."

His hand started playing with my hair, caressing it gently. "Do you want to take a vacation? I'm sure you're just tired of work that's why you think you're lacking." He started peppering my face with kisses. "I'll just finish some things this week and we'll have our alone time together in a vacation, what do you think?"

"I don't think that'll make up for it." I sighed once again. "I think I need to retire of this industry."

He sealed my lips with his own. "Don't even think about that thing. That's your passion, Y/N. Don't give it up for just a simple mistake." He said after breaking the kiss.

I pouted, meeting his serious gaze. "But whatever happens, you'll still love me right, sweetheart?" I asked my lover.

He smiled again, showing his bunny teeth. "Whatever happens, I love you, sweetheart."

"I love you too, sweetheart." I replied then buried my face on my lover's chest while he nuzzled his face on my hair. With that, we both drifted to dreamland.