Chapter 26: Stories

"Some stories are incomplete but they are beautiful."
~Avijeet Das~

"What are you doing, sweetheart?" My lover asked, his tall form towering my body as he stood beside me on our shared bed for the rest of the week.

"The usual." I answered, sparing a subtle glance at him, my lips morphing into a small smile. "I'm reading a novel."

"From your phone?" My lover queried, a tone of suspicion laced in his voice. "Or you're texting that punk—"

"Wattpad and webtoon exists, sweetheart." I chuckled, putting my phone away to fully face the man I love. "If you didn't forbid me to bring a book or to go to a library while we stay here, I wouldn't busy myself reading novels from my phone." I continued, an amused smile now plastered on my face. "Besides, why would I be texting Raze this late at night?" I asked, my gaze falling to the digital clock on my lover's bedside table, reading 10:45 pm.

My lover scoffed dramatically. "Now, you're on first name basis? I swear that guy was only working in my company for two weeks while it took me a year to convince you to call me Jungkook because you somehow grew fond of calling me Mr. Jeon."

I giggled, letting my head fall unto the pillows. "Raze is engaged, Jungkook." I spilled out, a blush present on my face. "And I like your surname."

My lover's scornful look morphed into a devious one after I said those words. "You make me jealous then you do that?" My lover laughed, his laugh making my heart flutter. "You have no idea what's going on in my head right now, sweetheart."

My lover's galaxy eyes met mine and I was yet again surprised because of how expressive they are. He's once again luring me to the beautiful paradise that only he who knows.

Gulping the lump that I didn't know was present in my throat, I tried to play with the fire that seems to ignite in the atmosphere. "Then mind sharing what's on your mind, sweetheart?" I asked, prolonging the endearment that sweetly come out of my tongue.

My lover smirked, his eyes reflecting the desire his soul is yearning for. Then in the blink of an eye, he was already hovering over my body, the duvet being the only thing separating the heat coming out of our bodies. He caught my hand, lacing our fingers together, his other free hand caressing my cheek lovingly, opposite to the raging fire of desire swimming in his galaxy orbs.

"You could have my surname, sweetheart." My lover whispered lowly, sending fireworks to erupt in the pit of my stomach and my heart to palpitate in a speed that could beat a race car. "But you have to tie the knot with me first."

Pushing all the raging hormones I felt aside, I rolled my eyes playfully, shoving his hard chest. "We're too young to get married, Jungkook. We still don't know what the future holds for us. One day or another we could break up and go separate ways. Plus, we just started dating like six months ago? We still—"

"Blah blah blah. You and your rational thoughts." My lover mocked, shifting the duvet aside to lay beside me on his side of the bed. He unlaced our fingers and pulled me closer to him by my waist, his long legs tangling with mine. One of his arms sneaked its way under my head to act as a pillow and the other free arm wrapping securely around my waist, fingers drawing small circles in my lower stomach.

"I oftentimes thought of making you pregnant then forcing you to marry me." My lover whispered, his hot breath tickling my nape. "But then, there's only fifty percent chance you'd forgive me and we'll have our happily ever after."

Raising a brow, I caught the hand that's playing in my lower stomach, giving it a gentle squeeze. "Only fifty percent? Why?"

My lover brought me closer, his chin resting on my head. "Only fifty. The other fifty because," He paused, sighing a little, "One, you're someone who believes in women supremacy. Even if I get you pregnant and demand for us to marry, you'd straight up reject everything and tell me about all the single mothers who managed to raise their kids without the help of a man."