Drabble #1: Magic Tricks

Prompt: In which Jeon Jungkook have a few magic tricks up his sleeve and maybe, one of them is using cards to ace your heart.

Zero Visibility.

That's what the news proclaimed an hour ago due the non-stop outpour in the city. Everyone that is in the road were requested to stop and seek shelter in the nearest establishment they could find.

It already passed working hours and Y/N is the only one left as her colleagues already left a few hours prior to her who's still nose deep in typing away a manuscript in her computer.

She was so immersed that she didn't mind the fact that she might spend the night in her work building alone for the rest of the night.

Suddenly, her computer turned off and all the lights went out. A power outage occurred and she hadn't click save before the stupid piece of machinery shut off.

She wept and cursed continuously but knew that it was to no avail and she would still need to re-type everything once the power goes back.

She stood up and decided to ask the personnel in-charge of the company power generator that is installed for situations like these. If the blackout happened within working hours the generator would be automatically switched on but since she's the only one left in the building and working hours passed hours ago, the operator of the power generator must have assumed it was unnecessary to turn it on.

Upon turning right, she stopped on her tracks after hearing footsteps walking downstairs and a faint light appearing by the stairs.

"Who's there?" Y/N asked, puzzled as she thought that she's the only one left in the building.

The footsteps stopped at the bottom of the stairs and a silhouette holding a candle entered her line of vision.

"Mr. Jeon? Why are you still here?" She asked, confused at the appearance of her boss before her.

"I could ask the same, Ms. Bang." Jungkook replied walking closer to her confused figure.

"I was trying to finish a manuscript when the power went out." She reasoned, standing a good two feet away from her boss.

"Well I was also trying to finish paperworks from today when it occurred." Jungkook replied, shrugging.

A minute of silence went by before Jungkook broke into a grin which made her eyebrows furrow.

"So.... it's just the two of us isn't it? Do you want to give me some company in my office?"

Y/N hesitated but she doesn't want to be rude specially in a situation where there's just the two of them in the building. Besides, if he tries something horrible to her, she could just make him say adios to his future babies.

"Yes, but if I may ask, why use a candle sir? Don't you have a flashlight or your phone?" She queried, curious about the unusual choice of her employer.

Jungkook chuckled nervously. "My phone died and I didn't think about finding a flashlight in my office. This candle was already lit up so I just grabbed it and roamed around to kill some time before the power goes back."

Y/N nodded in understanding and gestured for her boss to lead the way to his office. Once they have arrived. Y/N noticed that there were atleast 5 more candles lit up inside it.

"They're scented candles," Jungkook states, "helps me relax all the time."

Y/N hummed and sat in the sofa opposite her boss after he gestured for her to feel comfortable.

She glanced around the room and the deck of cards in the table infront of her piqued her interest. Without her realizing, she picked it up and scanned it's contents.