Chapter 31: Witches

"A witch ought never to be frightened in the darkest forest because she should be sure in her soul that the most terrifying thing in the forest was her."
~Terry Pratchett, Wintersmith~

"Min Yoongi!"

My loud voice echoed all over the woods of Evergreen as I sprint after the said man whose too kind to welcome me at the other side of the mirror with a triumphant smirk on his face after watching me fall, face planted directly to the ground because of his childish scheme.

"Min Yoongi! Come back here!" I yelled over and over again, my feet trying to reach his fast steps.

He chuckled repeatedly, his head facing sideways so he could take a peek of me. "Oh come on lassie, that's a small fun thing let it go. It's no big deal."

I fumed at his words, bursting out. "Say if I was the one who flipped the mirror upside down and you're the who hurt your nose when your face planted on the ground, would you be happy? No. You'd definitely place a dagger by my neck the next minute!" I huffed, still running after him.

"Guys, we have a long journey stop playing around." The huntsman scolded and the captain stopped abruptly turning to me.

My eyes widened when he suddenly stopped running and before I could dug my feet to the ground to halt my steps, I came crashing with the captain's body, sending the both of us falling to the ground.

My palms found their way to the captain's chest while his found the small of my back. Our eyes are locked, wide in horror for the upcoming event that's gonna happen.

A thud was heard when our bodies connected with the earth's surface. Yet, it felt like I fell unto a cushion, the softest part, hugging my lips.

Wait- My lips?!

Like I'm being electrocuted, I abruptly pulled away from the captain, rubbing my lips in the process. The captain laid there, looking at me with a look that I'm very familiar to.

His gaze travelled to my eyes down to my lips and I don't know if he subconsciously did it or he's doing it on purpose when he licked his lips after.

I gulped, feeling my heart skipping a beat and the knots in my stomach doing back flips at his sensual gesture.

I froze, seeing him do that, covering my lips, still feeling the subtle softness I felt when our lips touched.

He suddenly lift himself forward, our noses bumping in the process, lips just a breath away. His raven eyes pierced mine as our breaths mingled against each other.

"You should know when to stop, lassie." The captain's chuckle resonated in the air once again. "I could catch you when you fall but you don't want to be falling again and again don't you? It'd be hard to get up then." He remarked and I disguised the flutter I felt with a scoff.

"Of course I'd fall for you- I mean into you! You suddenly stopped running and you didn't even give a heads up." I reasoned, rolling my eyes as if it would keep my raging heartbeat from going for another sprint.

"Well, you should have fast reflexes. You'd need it, lassie." The captain snickered. "Now, get off of me."

I gulped realizing that I was sitting on the captain's lap this whole time that we're arguing. Blood rushed to my cheeks, heating it up in shame. I got up and when I looked up, I noticed the huntsman and hatter looking intently at us two.

"Are we interrupting your moment?" The huntsman sarcastically asked, head cocked to the side. "Actually I thought not to interrupt but we have a long journey ahead and if you really want to get back to your homeland, señorita, I thought we should go now, am I right?"