Chapter 3: Pride

"Pride is known as people's weapon to not get overpowered but pride, itself, may overpower those people."
~RG2108

"Jeon Jungkook, are you for real?" I scoffed, putting my hands on the sides of my waist, glaring at the man across me.

"I don't think that's the proper way you should talk to your CEO, Miss Y/N." The man across me commented, not taking his eyes of his computer screen.

I clicked my tongue. " I don't also think that it's proper for a CEO to appoint his colleague in his own office because "he thinks that she needs to stay near him to have the inspiration to write a story."

He raised a brow, eyes still locked in his computer screen. "What's the problem anyway? Everyone in the company knows what's in between you and me."

I clicked my tongue again. "That's exactly the problem! They know that we're dating! What do you think everyone thought when you said those words? They would probably assume that we're messing around during working hours." I sighed. "It won't be good for our professional image."

"Why?" The man across me blurted out of the blue.

I raised a brow. "Why, what?"

He all of a sudden stood up pushing his swivel chair backwards and locked eyes with me. He then poked his inner cheek using his tongue while taking his time walking towards me. When we stood face to face, inches away from each other, he spoke words that stunned me in my place.

"Why do I feel like you aren't my girlfriend anymore? Why are you like this? Why? " He queried and let out a ragged breath. "Are you on 'the thing' of the month? Huh?"

Opening my mouth to give him a reply, I closed it again when he chuckled.

"It'll still be nonsense if you're on the cycle because when you are on that, you get rude to everybody except me." He continued, eyes still locked with mine.

"You're talking nonsense, Jungkook. Cut the crap, let me just go back to my workplace then-"

"You're not stepping a foot out of here." Jungkook interjected, closing the gap between the two of us.

I tried taking a step back but he enclosed me to him using his strong arms pressing me to his body.

I intake a sharp breath. "Let go of me. Someone might come in and we'll look scandalous if so."

He smirked. "I wish someone walks in so they could witness this scene."

I scoffed and tried pushing him away when I knew that it's no use because of the workouts he did every single day.

"Are you out of your mind? What if it's your father-" I was cut off by a sudden intrusion.

"Ah, I see, my favorite nephew is enjoying his time right now." A very familiar voice spoke, making it's entrance known.

"-Or worst your uncle." I whispered, so only me and the man holding me could hear.

"Uncle Hwang, what brings you here?" Jungkook asked letting me go and I took that cue to leave not until his uncle spoke again.

"Ms. Y/N, I would like to have a word with you." The man in his late fifties said sparing a judging glance at me.

In return to the action, I nodded but did not bother to get any eye contact with the elder.

"If you'll excuse us, my dearest nephew, We'll be talking in my office." The elder man stated looking at his nephew.

My lover cleared his throat locking eyes with me for a second before complying to his uncle's request.
"Sure, uncle."

My lover's uncle then let out a grin before speaking again. "Then off we go. See you later at the company meeting."

Turning his heel and proceeding to walk outside my lover's office, I silently followed not before throwing my lover a glare and questioning look to which he replied with a shrug.

Sighing to myself, I rolled my shoulders back and started walking with my spine straight towards his uncle's office.

It didn't take long before I was standing infront of Mr. Hwang's office desk. The elder now sitting infront of me on his own swivel chair.

"Have a seat, Ms. Y/N." The man on his late fifties suggested.

"It's fine but thanks for the kindness." I replied, sitting on one of the chair's infront of his table.

"Ms. Y/N, you've been working here for almost three years, is that correct?" The elder asked me to which I confirmed with a nod.

"And you became my nephew's most recent fling two years ago 'til now." Mr. Hwang stated, giving too much emphasis on the word 'fling'.

My left eyebrow threatened to arch but I suppressed it immediate by giving the man a small smile before speaking.

"Actually, Mr. Hwang, I'm your nephew's girlfriend." I stated daring to have a staring contest with the elderly person.

He chuckled heartily. "It's the same thing. The word 'girlfriend' just gives some kind of 'territorial vibe'." He then let out a little smirk. "Both end up getting thrown to the side after being used."

My teeth gritted but I manage to smile, tight-lipped. After some seconds, the man infront of me spoke again.

"You see, my nephew is like a son to me. That's why I made him the president of this company. I give him the title his father couldn't give him and I'm the reason why he is what he is right now." My lover's uncle narrated like he's telling me a story.

"But, both of us also knew that my nephew isn't interested in serious commitments. Maybe you already knew this but my nephew used to have so many girls dating him the same time." My lover's uncle continued.

A small smirk manage to slip off me when I replied this time. "You said it yourself, Mr. Hwang. My lover 'used to' date as many girls as he can before." I stated giving emphasis to a certain phrase he used earlier.

The man chuckled again. "And I wonder why he stopped and decided to date only one girl, two years ago."

It's now my turn to let out a chuckle. "Maybe because that girl knocked some senses off him."

The elder then glared at me to which I responded with a courteous smile, I think.

"I'm getting annoyed already so I'll stop beating around the bush." My lover's uncle stated, still glaring at me. "You and my nephew, would end your 'unnecessary' relationship tomorrow."

That's when I snapped.