Chapter 5: Devil

"They say that if you look at yourself in a mirror, you'll see the devil. So what do we call the one's who hurt someone without a reason? Aren't they the devil?"
~RG2108

"Meeting adjourned." The man in a stylish suit announced and everyone started fixing their things before exiting the large room.

After a few minutes, the man is the only one left in that room. He sighed, taking off his coat and loosening his tie before slouching in his seat.

Not even a minute after that, his secretary is already present in the room, reminding him that he's still up for a long day of work.

"Mr. Jeon-" His secretary tried to finish but the man is already waving his right hand in the air indicating him to leave him be for a while.

His secretary got the signal and immediately exit the large room leaving the man alone with his thoughts.

Taking a peak on his expensive watch, he sighed again taking note of the time.

6:30 pm.

Rolling his back and stretching a bit, he wore his coat again and exited the room.

There's still a long way ahead.

****

10 pm.

The male read his watch, walking to a particular area where more than a dozen of cars are parked.

Reaching for his phone in his pocket, he dialed a number and place the device in his right ear.

It rings, and another then another until he's directed to voicemail.

Frowning, he dialed the number again but encountered the same fate. The person on the other line did not answer even after two calls.

"Where is she?" He asked himself taking a sharp turn for his detour.

While walking, he recognize someone and decided to ask her if she saw his subject.

The woman that's hurrying her steps slowed down when he noticed him coming to her. She couldn't help but feel confused why the man is approaching her all of a sudden.

When they are already a feet apart, they stopped walking, acknowledging each other's presence.

"Mr. Jeon." The woman bowed acknowledging her superior.

"Ms. Song, have you seen Ms. Bang by any chance?" The man asked politely even though he knows that he's her CEO.

The woman's face scrunched, trying to remember if she saw the said person earlier that day. Her face lit up upon remembering a certain scene making her frown. "I saw her earlier before lunch but she never came back after. She didn't even fixed her things in her office." The woman answered.

"She didn't come back?" The man repeated and when the woman gave him a small nod, he felt his stomach drop, feeling unwell at that moment.

"Where exactly did you last see her?" The man asked again.

The look on the woman's face look nothing but confused. "I saw Y/N earlier going out of the building but before that, I saw her with you, Mr. Jeon." The woman answered, truthfully.

Pinching the bridge of his nose, the man thanked the woman and went straight to the security control room.

He ordered the security personnels to check the cameras and tell him if they spot his lover in the footages being played in the large room full of computers.

After a while, he saw a footage that made his insides turn. His lover got dragged by muscular men inside a black van.

Checking the time of the footage, his eyes went wide seeing what hour his lover got kidnapped.

11:45 am.

Not even five minutes before we part ways earlier.

She's missing almost half of the day now.

There's that ugly feeling inside him that makes him want to release what he had eaten earlier. He's stressing and he knows why.

He could still remember the words written on the book he's been reading recently.

If women get kidnapped, the authorities should act immediately.

Critical hours for women is after 7 hours upon the kidnapping.

It already passed those 7 hours so he's now scared of what would have happened to his lover.

Taking a deep breath, he calmed himself down before ordering one of the security personnels to report what happened to the police.

Gritting his teeth in frustration, he almost didn't notice that his phone started to ring.

Letting out a loud ragged breathing he answered the phone call without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello? Who's this?" He asked as soon as he answered the phone.

"Jungkook, did you miss me?" The person on the other line asked making Jungkook's face turn sour.

"Why are you calling me? Aren't we done already?" Jungkook scoffed as soon as he heard the feminine voice on the other line.

"That's not really a good way to greet your girlfriend a 'welcome back' you know." The caller commented and Jungkook could just grimace, noting that the girl on the other line is pouting while saying those words.

Jungkook let out a long frustrated sigh, his nostrils flaring. "What do you want anyway? I'm pretty busy right now and your disturbing my business."

The girl on the other line chuckled. "It's about our upcoming wedding. What theme would you prefer? A beach wedding? Or perhaps a-" Jungkook cut her off.

"Who said I'm getting married? And with you? Come on I should probably hang up right now than talk with someone like you. I just happen to answer your call because I didn't check the caller ID. Now, get lost." Jungkook spat before ending the phone call.

"Mr. Jeon, we found a lead to where they brought Ms. Bang." One of the security personnel's approached the irritated man.

"Where? How far is it?" Jungkook asked immediately not wasting a second to search for his lost lover.

"The vehicle went to a private area where yachts where present. We also checked the footage in the area and we spotted someone familiar to you ordering the kidnappers to take Ms. Bang inside one yacht." The security personnel stated.

"Who is it?" Jungkook asked.

"It's Miss Lee Ji Eun." The security personnel answered.

A/N

I know it's boring, but I need this chapter for the sake of the plot :)