Chapter 30: Mirrors

"Child, if you doubt that miracles can happen, just look in the mirror and see your own magic."
~Unknown~

Fury.

That burning flame that seeps in your heart, heating it to the boiling point then spilling its hot contents in your system. It needs release, to be able to cool down.

I, need release.

The release could be done in two ways; Being outrageous and being silent.

In my case, I was silent.

But, silent fury is more deadly.

It's the calm before the storm.

The warning before an attack.

Like the seemingly disappearing footsteps of a villain that's slowly nearing you.

Or,

The peaceful swim of a fish before a seagull claws on it ferociously.

I sat by my designated seat in the arena silently, watching the two opposite gates of the arena open widely, showing the two princes of the land.

Taehyung emerged from the shadows, his body clad in a beautiful blue and silver armory. His surprisingly huge arms are revealed by the lack of fabric making him appear bigger than he usually looks. A few ladies gawked seeing the younger prince's built up physique, chanting praises repeatedly. The armor he's wearing was similar with the palace guards' but the helmet he wore, the color difference and the uniquely engraved flower on his armor screams the he stands a higher position than the rest of the men in the castle. The cream gloves with golden knitted patterns covered his hands that's holding a golden bow while the matching golden arrows where packed up, latched on his back. His face displayed no emotion as he walked his way to his designated position.

The same goes for his elder brother.

Jimin, on the other side, had his chin held high, a defiant smirk plastered on his lips. He's dressed in a blazing red and gold armory, completely different from his brother. He appeared slimmer than his younger brother but he reminds me of a stealth soldier. Someone that could slaughter his enemy with grace and power in a swift motion. The armor looks more grand and royal than his brother's. His helmet is similar to Taehyung's but a see-through fabric covers most of his face, enough to show the smirk engraved on his lips. The flower engraved on his armor is the same as Taehyung's but it has a crown on top. A familiar silver sword was on his hold, the one he used to threaten the captain's life with, and a shield that has the same details as the armor itself. It must've been the late king's armory.

The two brother's met at the center of the arena where the general of the castle made them bow to each other before asking them to step back a meter away from the center.

"Today, we will witness the drawl between the two princes of this land!" The general announced loudly. "One will fall and one will prevail! A fight for the king's throne and a beautiful maiden! The fight between prince charming and the beast! Now!"

The people in the arena roared once Jimin started charging at his younger brother, swinging his silver sword skillfully while Taehyung tried to take as much distance as he could away from his brother to release his arrows.

I watched as Jimin continuously stepped forward, making Taehyung take steps backwards as he continuously try to block each swing Jimin does. If he goes on like this, Jimin could have him trapped by a wall and that would be a quick ending to this fight, Jimin conquering the fight immediately.

Taehyung, upon realizing his elder brother's tactics immediately ducked his head delivering a harsk kick at Jimin, sending the other flying backwards from the unexpected movement done to him. The younger prince sends an arrow targeting his brother's weapon that immediately got struck, flying away from Jimin's hold.