Chapter 17:gilderoy lockhart

"Good morning Draco, "I say to Draco in the common room." good morning love, Draco says as he comes over and hugs me and kisses my head. " let's go get breakfast I didn't have dinner last night." I say to Draco as we make our way to the great hall." good morning Ashley, Professor shape, "Draco says as they walk to the great hall. "good morning hows your morning?"Ashley asks as she looks let my head. "I'm fine, I promise," I say giving them both a smile. "Draco if she starts to be in any pain bring her back to me," Ashley says. "Okay," Draco says before we split ways with them and go to our table.

"Dont' forget we have Quidditch tryouts later," Draco says as we pile our plates with food. "Oh of course I remember," I say before we start to eat. "Hey Drakie how was your summer did you miss me?" Pansy Parkinson asks. "First off don't call me Drakie second off no I didn't miss you and thirdly stay away from us," Draco says as I finish eating and we head to our first class which is Herbology.

"Morning everyone. Good morning everyone," Madam Hooch says as she taps something to gain our attention. "Good morning Professeur Sprout," We all reply. "Welcome to treehouse three, second years. Gather around everyone. Today we are going to re-pot Mandrakes. Now, who here can tell me the properties of a mandrake root? Yes Miss Potter," Professeur Sprouts says after Hermione and I both raise our hands. "Mandrakes or Mandrodora is used to return those who have been petrified back to their original state. It's also quite dangerous the mandrakes cry is fatal for who hears it," I say. "Excellent, 10 points to Slytherin," Professor Sprout says as Hermione glares at me and I glare right back and Draco pats my back making Harry glare at him. "As our Mandrakes are still only seedlings, their cries won't kill you yet. But they could knock you out for hours so that is why I have given everyone a pair of earmuffs for protection," Sprout says as Draco and I put it on right away making sure they are flap on tight. Sprout continues saying "Now grasp your mandrake and pull it straight out and dunk it down in the other pot. Longbottom's been neglecting his earmuffs. As Neville faInts and Draco and I laughing. "No ma'am he's just fainted," Seamus says. "Oh well leave him there right now your turn plenty of pots to go around," Sprouts says as soon the class is finished.

"Ready to go to breakfast?" Draco asks as I slowly walk towards him. "Yeah," I say. "What's wrong?" Draco asked. "I had a weird dream last night," I say as we begin to walk. "What about? Draco asks. "It was a snake, a really big snake," I say to draco. "How big?" Draco asks. "Like 50ft long," In a whisper. " Hey nothing is going to happen alright and if your still scared talk to me alright?" Draco asks as we sit down. "Thanks, D," I say as I rest my head on his shoulder slowly eating his green apple. "Look it's the weasel"s owl," Draco says as the bird flies down and crashes on the table with us all laughing at it. "Look everyone Weasley's got a howler," Someone from Griffinodr says. "What is a howler?" I ask Draco. "Wealsy is about to get yelled at," Draco replies looking at me. 

After Mrs. Weasley yelled at Ron we made our way to Professeur Lockhart's classroom inside the classroom were pictures of himself and his books. "I think I'm gonna puke," I mutter to Draco. "Same," Draco says as we find a seat. Lockhart started giving this speech about himself and making all the girls fawn over him while I just rest my head on my desk waiting for this class to end already hating it.

"Now be warned that it is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizardkind. You may find yourselves facing your worst fears in this room. Know only that no harm can befall on you whilst I'm here I must ask you not to scream as you may provoke them," Lockhart yells as he lifts a blanket over the cage to see cornish pixies. "Freshly caught Cornish pixies. Laugh if you will, Mr.Finnegan but pixies can be devilishly tricky little blighters. Let's see what you make of them." Lockhart says as he releases them and they start attacking us this one pixie won't leave us alone so I take out my wand and try to think of a spell and I think about one spell and I just did it without thinking. "Avada Cadvara," I say as the pixie dies and Lockhart stares at me and I soon realize what I did and I run out of the classroom with Draco calling me but I run away and head to the basement. 

"Hey it's okay," Draco says as he hugs me. "No it isn't I just did a forbidden curse...the curse that killed my parents," I say as I start to cry. A few minutes later Snape walks into the common room. "Do you realize the trouble you could be in?" Snape asks as he sits in front of Draco and I. "It's a forbidden curse for a reason," Snape says. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to," I say as Draco leaves for us to talk. "You do realize you could be expelled from Hogwarts?"Snape asks as I nod. "Lockhart has no idea what he is doing at least I did something all he did was run to his office because he can't do anything," I say. "Yes Lockhart is completely lossless but you know other spells why didn't you use any of them?" Snape asks. "I don't know," I whisper. "Listen to me and listen good  Ashley already knows about this so don't think I will keep it from her and don't ever use that curse again," Snape says as I nod. "Come on you and Malfoy have Quidditch practice," Snape says before Draco comes in and leaves us to get ready.