Chapter 9: The mirror or erised

"So are you going back to your aunt and uncle for Christmas?" Draco asks as he has his bags ready. "No, I'm staying here there's no point in going back," I reply as I say goodbye to Draco and make my way into the castle to find anyone.

"Hey Ashley, I say as I go into the hospital wing. "Hello dear," She says as I stand next to her. "What are you doing for Christmas?" I ask as we leave the hospital wing. "Nothing much, what about you?" Ashley asks. "Nothing much I'm just grateful that I'm not stuck at the Dursleys for Christmas," I say. "You know you never did tell me how they treated you and Harry," Ashley says.

"They are mean and rude and make us do everything. During Christmas, it's the worse for me... Every year I ask about my parents and where their grave is cause all I wanted to do is go and see them. It was fine with Harry cause he just never spoke during Christmas because of Dudley but I questioned everything. I always asked about them on Christmas week and Halloween," I say. "Well if you have any questions you can ask me," Ashley says. "Thanks but not now," I say. "Well how about I take you and Harry for a walk and we can just talk," Ashley says. "That would be great," I say as we go and get harry for our walk. 

"Hey harry want to walk with Ashley and me for a bit?" I ask. "Sure he says as we start walking outside. "So if you both have any questions about anything I do hope you know that you can come to me," Ashley says. "That's good," I reply. "Do you know anything about Nicolas Flamel?" Harry asks. "He's a friend of Dumbledore's," replied Ashley. "Oh," he says. "What did you and dad use to do during Christmas?" I ask. "Your dad and I always went home we use to bake cookies and just hang out as the two of us but then when we got to Hogwarts he went home but I stayed at school with Severus," Replied Ashley 

"Why didn't you go home?" Harry asked. "My brother and I grew apart when we got to Hogwarts. Your father was in Gryffindor while I was in Slytherin. Our parents hated that I was a snake and so did James he also hated who I was friends with," Ashley says. "That's sad," Harry says. "Yeah it was but if I was never in Slytherin I would never be allowed to talk to any Slytherins," Ashley says. "How long have you and Snape dated before you got married?" I ask. "Sev and I dated since second year and been together ever since. He asked to marry me at the beginning of 7th year and I said yes," Ashley said. 

"Did you have a big wedding?" I ask. "No, my parents didn't like that I agreed to marry Sev so we had the Malfoys come and it was quick to because we didn't want to spend so much money on one day," Ashley says. "Wow so you've like been with him all of school," I say. "Yeah," replied Ashley as we go inside to find Snape coming to us. "Hello Sev," Ashley says kissing his cheek. "Hello," he replies. "Professor, how did you propose to my aunt?" I ask. "Just gave her a ring and asked her," Snape says before walking away. "Is he always like that?" Harry asks."No, he just doesn't open up well," Ashley says before following him and Harry and I going to Gryffindor common room. "Thanks for letting me stay with you during Christmas," I say to Harry. "Same...I don't want to grow apart from you like Ashley and dad. I don't like Malfoy but I'll deal with him if you can deal with Ron and Hermione," Harry says. "That's fair but that means anything that Draco says is not my problem because they aren't friends but I will be respectful," I say. "Deal," Harry says as we shake hands.

"We have presents," Harry says. "That's a first," I say as I look at a present from Draco. "Who is that from?" Harry asks. "Draco," I reply as I open the gift to see a ring, it's a Slytherin ring with an M in the middle. "I love it," I say as I put the ring on my finger. "What else did you get?" Harry asks. "Some stuff from Ashley, you?" I ask. Look I got dad's cloak and some stuff from Ashley as well," Harry says. "That's cool," I say.

"Y/n wake up come look you have to see this," Harry says as he wakes me up drags Ron and I downstairs to this room under the invisible cloak, and here's a mirror. "What's this?" I ask. "I don't know but I saw mom and dad," Harry says as he pushes me forward to see them both. "How is this possible?" I ask. "I don't know," Harry says.

I'm back in the Slytherin common room and I couldn't sleep. I decided to go back to the mirror and see my parents again. I was probably sitting there for an hour but then without me knowing someone came.

"Back again, Y/n? Dumbledore asks and says. "I see that you like so many before you have found the mirror of erised. I trust by now you know what it does. Let me give you a clue. The happiest man on earth looked into the mirror and only himself as he is," "So it shows us what we want? Anything we want?" I ask. "Yes and no. it shows us nothing more or less, than the deepest and most desperate desire in our hearts. Now you y/n  have never known your family you see them besides you. But remember this, Y/n. This mirror gives us neither knowledge or truth. People have wasted years of their life looking in the mirror. That is why it is being moved tomorrow and I must ask you Y/n to not look for it again," Dumbledore says. "Okay, but did you find out why I saw my parents lying dead on Halloween?" I ask. "In time the truth will come out," Dumbledore says as I leave and bump into Snape and Ashley.

"What are you doing out of bed?" Snape asks. "She was by the mirror of erised," Dumbledore says before leaving me alone with them. "Why were you by the mirror?" Ashley asks. "I wanted to see my mom and dad not dead," I say looking down. "How about we talk alright?" Ashley asks as she brings me into snape's office where snape sits in his seat behind his desk and Ashley on his desk. "I know you miss them, I miss them too but that mirror won't do anything," Ashley says. "I won't' go looking for its new spot then," I say. "How do you know it's being moved?" Snape asks. "Dumbledore said so," I reply. "Go to bed alright you know if you wanted to see a picture of them you could have asked," Ashley says. "Okay," I say before going to bed and crying myself to sleep.