Chapter 6: Potions Master

Today is the first day of classes and we the Slytherins have it all Gryfinndors so at least I will still be with my brother. "Draco what are your classes?" I ask at breakfast as I sit next to him. "Here let's check," Draco says as we look through our schedules to see that we have the same classes.

Draco and I decided that we would sit next to each other in our classes. First, we had transfiguration and I've looked around the classroom to see that Harry isn't here. "What are you looking at?" Draco asks as he writes down what were suppose to. "Harry, he's not here," I say before turning back to my paper and soon enough the door barges open where Harry and Ron come in. 

"Made it. Can you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?" Ron asks Harry as Professor McGonagall turns human from being a cat. "That was bloody brilliant," Ron says as harry just stares. "Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Perhaps it'd be more useful if I'd were to transfigure into a pocket watch so that way one of you might be on time," Mcgonogall says as Draco is smirking and I hit his arm. "We got lost," Harry says. "Then maybe a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats," She says as Harry and Ron sit behind Draco and I. 

After that Draco and I started walking towards Potions and Harry comes up to us. "Y/n why are you hanging out with him?" Harry asks. "He's my friend that's why," I said before dragging Draco away before we get late to Potions. "Sorry about him he's just protective," I say to Draco as we take our seat waiting for Professor Snape. "It's fine but if we are gonna be friends I hope you know that I don't like him so I won't be nice to him," Draco says. "the least you could do then is try and not fight in front of me," I say as I take my hand out ready to shake. "Deal," Draco says as he shakes my hand next to him is Crabbe and Goyle talking and soon enough the door bangs open and we all shut up.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate... the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making. However, for those select few...who possess the predisposition... I can teach you how to bewitch the mind... and ensnare the senses... I can tell you how to bottle fame... brew glory and even put a stopper in death. Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in... possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough... to not pay attention," Snape says directing the last part to harry who was writing something. "This will be fun," I mutter to Draco. "Mr. Potter. Our new celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel toa n infusion of wormwood?" Snape asks Harry but Hermione brings her hand up. "Seriously we have a know it all in our class," I mutter to Draco as he laughs quietly. "You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?" Snape asks again as Hermione raises her hand again and I roll my eyes. "I don't know sir," Harry says. "And what is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?" Snape asks. "I dont' know sir," Harry says again. "Pity. Clearly, fame isn't everything... is it, Mr. Potter?" Snape says as Draco smirks and looks at Harry. "Clearly, Hermione know. Seems a pity not to ask her," Harry says. "Silence," Snape says as we all laugh and soon enough Snape is sitting in front of Harry.

"Put your hand down, you silly girl! Now Ms. Potter do you know any of the answers to any of the questions I've asked your brother?" Snape asks as he turns around to look at me. "First was Draught of the Living Dead, the second one a stone taken from the stomach of a goat where it could heal you from most poisons and the last one they are the same plant and they also go by the name aconite," I say. "Correct, why aren't you all writing this down? snape asks as he gets up from his seat across from Harry and makes his way back to the front of the class. "Five points to Slytherin and Gryffindors five points will be taken for your class mate's cheek," Snape says as he writes that done and Draco pats me on the back and soon Ashley comes in. She walks straight up to Professor Snape and asks him something and goes to the back where I would think is Snape's office. Soon she gets out of his office and says "Severus how many points did you take away already?" She asks with an amused smile on her face. "Only five," he mumbles as she walks by him whispering something in his ear and leaving not without winking to Draco and I.

"Professor who was that?" Someone asks from the class. "Her name is Ashley and she works in the hospital wing," Snape says. "What do we call her?" the same student asks. "Ashley," He calls as she comes back in. "Yes,?" She asks. "The students want to know what to call you," He says as he goes to sit behind his desk. "Oh, umm Snape is fine," she says before walking out. Hey guys you go ahead I have to ask Professor Snape something," I say as I go to his desk.

"Yes?" He asks. "You were there that night. The night my parents died... You were holding me and Ashley was holding Harry." I said. "how much do you remember that night?" He asks looking me in the eye. "I remember I was playing downstairs then mom brought Harry and I upstairs... a green light from the closed door, a hooded person in our room another green light then mom was on the floor and he was above our crib and pointed his wand at Harry and then being in Hagrids arms on a motorcycle and being in your arms before being forced on the ground with Harry at the Dursley's," I say. "So pretty much everything," Snape says. "Yeah," I say. "Look this is a conversation you want to have with Ashely," Snape says. "But why were you there?" I ask. "Ashley can explain everything," Snape says before I left to go to practice a broomstick.  Pretty much Draco and Harry had a fight and Harry is in trouble now. Draco and I just hanged out in the common room doing homework for the rest of the day until dinner.

Sorry guys haven't updated will do a few more chapters today.