CH 70. Leaving the Bubble

A/N: Hello my lovies!! Just wanted to let you all know I'm going to try and go back to my regular 1-3 times a week posting schedule (Around 8 p.m. PST). I know when you find a story you love you just want chapter after chapter, but I work a full time job, I write freelance and I have my own candle company, so writing and posting everyday isn't realistic for me if I want to give you a quality story. So please be patient with me. 

On another note, for those of you that have been around for a while you know that I love getting inspiration from you as well, so comment your theories, scenes you'd like to see happen, or even just quotes and lines you'd like me to try and work in.  If you don't feel comfortable commenting it, I check my messages as well! I've talked to a few of you already to explain parts of the story that didn't entirely makes sense. I won't give spoilers, but I will try and explain everything as best as I can, up to the point in the story that's been posted. 

Love & Dragons

Val (:

Someone says Goodbye in a way that hadn't been expected. And a sweet moment between Fred and Elodie leads to a few quick decisions.

Songs used for this chapter: 

Heather - Conan Gray

i hate u, i love u - Gnash & Olivia O'Brian

B-A-B-Y - Carla Thomas

Music Box - Regina Spektor

~George's POV~

It was her. Every part of the wedding was her. The twinkling lights hanging overhead that resembled fairy dust. The greenery filled centerpieces. The way everything looked rustic as if nature had taken over. I played my part. Held a smile and joked the entire night. She made walking away look so easy as she walked down the aisle towards Fred. But for me it was proving a harder task. Being surrounded by so much of her was just bloody unfair. Mostly to me, but especially to Angelina who sat at my side.

"How long?" She asked me, pulling me away from watching Fred dance with mum, and Elodie dancing with dad.

"How long what?" I asked her, moving my gaze to the centerpiece filled with lilies and ivy.

"How long should I let you gawk at the bride before all my self-respect is gone?" She asked quietly, pulling my attention to her. "I'm not daft. I'm honestly more surprised that no one else has caught on yet."

"It's over. Not that it ever started anyway," I explained to her and lifted my glass of brandy, throwing it back, allowing it to burn the entire way down.

"You know, when you and I first started dating, I still had a crush on Fred," She said, slouching back in her chair slightly. "I always fancied you more, yet he still lingered in the back of my mind. But I'm never going to be her. The one that lights up a room just by walking in. Or the smartest, most powerful witch without even trying. Nor will I have a long line of suitors all waiting for their turn. And I'm okay with that. I actually prefer it that way. But I owe it to myself to be with someone who is with me because they want to be with me. Not because they hope it will help them get over the one, they never even made an attempt at," She said. I hated that she was right. I hated more that she wasn't trying to be right, just pointing out the truth I hated to admit. "I know that you practically grew up together. And your best friends, but if we're going to have a real chance, that has to be it. I won't love someone who's in love with another. Not again."