CH 83. Decisions

A/N: Hello my Lovely Lovies! Later post than usual, but I felt like my writing was slipping lately, so I wanted to go in and give you the best chapter possible. I want to say a huge thank you for all the likes, Votes, Kudos, Comments, Messages and continued support though this story that I absolutely enjoy. It's still a bit shocking to me when I see a new reader commenting back on chapter 5 and then realizing we're 83 chapter in! I love it! I don't know the exact number of chapters this story will have, but just whatever feels natural for the story is what I am okay with. 

As always, I love to talk to you in the comments! Let me hear your likes, dislikes, theories, suggestions, and all else you can think of. Let's dive in. Grab a snack (I have Aroz con Leche), and a drink (I have warm coffee), and a cozy quilt!

A sweet moment with her boys allows Elodie to think about the current mission she needs to see through. When when in action, will it prove a harder task to complete than she originally anticipated? And will and unexpected Friend provide insight onto what is truly important?

Folk songs mentioned in this chapter:

Banks of Roses & Parting Glass

Music played during writing of chapter:

So This Is Love - Ilene Woods

Leaves From the Vine - AtinPiano

Requiem in D Minor - Mozart

The Wisp Sings - Winter Aid

River Flows in You - Yiruma

~Elodie's POV~

I kept my eyes on the ground in front of me as I made my way down the stairs toward the sitting room. A slight shameful feeling wafting over me with each step I took forward. I braced myself on the banister to make up for the shift in my center of gravity.

With the new house rule in place, one that prevented me from wearing my extension charm while at home, and instead allowed my bump to be on full display for Fred's enjoyment, I felt wobblier than usual. Perhaps this was how mu- Molly received her nickname.

Outside a frosty breeze began to take over. While it brought the snow early, it made for perfect lounging weather which called for soup and tea warm enough to heat all the way through. It was without a doubt, my favorite time of year, second to summer.

Fred and George tinkered away at new items that would serve as part of the defence line for the shop on the coffee table. Blueprints spread around them, a Nirvana record playing quietly in the corner, Cat sat up straight watching them work as he nudged items needed closer in each of their directions.

"Freddie?" I said sheepishly, not wanting to distract him too much for something so trivial.

"Yes dear?" he responded from his spot on the floor before turning to look at me and how I stood with my hands behind my back, my mouth slightly pouted. "What is it?" He asked as he stifled a laugh at my approach.

I let out a sigh before plopping on the sofa he was leaning on. I extended my arm to reveal the bottle of red nail polish to hold out to him. "I can't see my toes!" I said in a fake cry, before he moved to the sofa to throw an arm around my shoulders. "I just want this to be over already. Why can't this thing hurry up and get out of me?" I said as I leaned further into my seat.

"Mind yourself love," He said and moved to sit on the opposite end and pull my feet up to his lap. "That 'thing' as you so casually call her, is my daughter," He said and opened up the bottle to begin working on painting my nails. "Can't have you two at odds just yet."