CH 55. Occlumency

A/N: Teaching Dumbledores army serves as a distraction to keep Elodie busy. But has her growing use of Occlumency gone completely unnoticed? After days of holding in irritations, how will a lesson with Snape go over?

Songs that helped inspire this chapter: 

Taking Responsibility - Kilo Kish

This town - Niall Horan

Various Storms & Saints - Florence + The Machine

~Elodie's POV~

"You've done it Neville! You've found the room of requirements," Hermione said praising Neville as we stood at the entrance.

"The what?" Ron questioned.

"It's also known as the Come and Go Room. Honestly Ronald," I said as I began walking round to see what we'd be working with.

"The room of requirement only appears when a person has a real need for it," She answered.

"It's brilliant, It's like Hogwarts wants us to fight back," Harry said. "Uhh, Elodie, What are you doing?" Harry asked as he watched me lay down on the floor.

"Shh," I said shushing him. Trying to shut them out. I began breathing, taking in slow deep breaths, breathing in new air, and releasing all the pent up birth air that filled every inch of my body. "Come on, work with me," I whispered to the voices.

"Should we be doing the same thing?" Ron asked in a lower tone.

"I don't know," Hermione answered.

"What is she doing?" Neville asked.

"Can't say that I know," Harry said.

"I can't focus, if everyone insists on talking!" I sat up and yelled at them quickly before resuming my position. I relaxed my toes, and cracked my knuckles then took in a breath, breathing it out as if I wanted all the air to leave my body. I wanted my heart to stop, my brain to stop. I wanted to tap into the part of me I wouldn't ignore anymore.

"Wicked," Fred and George said. I opened my eyes and realized I was floating.

We're still here...

I straightened up and landed on my feet. Shifting my eyes back, and smiling. "Yes!" I said and threw my fists up in excitement.

We put a wand that the twins had whittled in the wooden dummy prop's hand to make it feel more believable. In all honesty, it weirdly resembled Lucius Malfoy. That is, if we spray painted him all black and put a target on his chest. I stood close by it to make it move as everyone lined up to practice their defensive spells. The rattling and creaking was a bit over the top, but we were working with what we were given.

Harry nodded at Neville who stood ready with his wand in hand. He seemed a bit nervous, but we knew he could do it. It was a simple enough spell.

"Expelliarmus!" He said, though instead of heading in the direction of the dummy, it threw his own wand back down the line nearly hitting everyone. Particularly Nigel who stood in the back, windowing both lines.

"Woah!" He said and ducked down.

"Nigel! I told you to stay in line," I said and moved him from the back closer up front to stand in front of Fred. That way it was easier for me to keep an eye on one of them and steal glances at the other. "You'll lose an eye if you're not careful."

"Try it like this, Expelliarmus!" Harry said as he showed Neville the proper way to cast the charm. It worked, as it sent the wand flying sideways.