CH 56. Truths and Burns

A/N:  While listening to music in the common room, Elodie and Fred share a moment where they can either choose to stay or run. After an incident with Harry, Elodie gets to return to Sirius and Remus.

Songs used to help write This chapter: 

All Through The Night - Cyndi Lauper

Mrs. Magic - Strawberry Guy

Nemo Egg (Main Title) - Thomas Newman

~Elodie's POV~

Three days before leaving for winter holiday I sat in the common room with Ginny listening to records. I laid on the floor looking up at the ceiling. She'd fallen asleep on the couch with a book open on her chest, but I wasn't ready to go to be yet. Instead I put on a record that Hermionie had given her.

Katie thought I had been too quick to forgive Ginny the way that I had, though I'd never been one to hold a grudge. I explained everything to her that had raised a concern, though she apologized for letting Angelina get to her the way she had as well. I think I was mostly mad over the fact that she wouldn't just talk to me about it. But seeing as I wasn't much for conversations over the summer, she thought I didn't want to speak to her.

In all honesty I did feel bad for invading Professor Snape's privacy the way I had. Especially because in doing so, I hadn't even proven the point I was trying to make. Minerva said that he had told her he would no longer be teaching me outside of potions. She was furious by my behavior and even sent an owl to Sirius and Remus, so I definitely expected the winter holiday to be interesting. I tuned everything out, focusing only on the music and the words. Things hadn't gone back to normal. Not even before they were normal. I didn't even know what normal was.

All through the night. I'll be awake and I'll be with you.

"Hey," I heard softly.

I looked up and saw Fred standing in his pajamas. His hair was a mess, so my guess was that he had been in bed tossing and turning and came down to see who was still up.

All through the night. This precious time when time is new.

"Hey," I said back. "Couldn't sleep?" I asked him casually. Friends did that right?

"What about you two? Party yourselves out?" he asked as he took a seat near my head as I lay back down.

Oh, all through the night today. Knowing that we feel the same without saying

"Ha! You know us, party animals." I said with a laugh. I looked up as him and had a thought. "You don't happen to have a sparkler on you, do you?" I asked.

We have no past, we won't reach back. Keep with me forward all through the night.

He gave me a curious look before reaching into one of the couch cushions and revealing a small sparkler.

"I'm not even going to ask," I said as I took it from him. "Come here," I said and patted to the spot next to me. He moved around and did as I asked, lying dangerously close to me, our hands almost touching. I felt the warmth radiating off his skin, sending a spark through my arm, like a magnet, pulling me close. Once he was laid down next to me he turned his head to look at my face.

And once we start the meter clicks. And it goes running all through the night.

"What are you up to?" He asked with a little smile on his face.

"Patience Fredrick," I said lightly as I turned the sparkler on and floated it into the air letting it expand and holding the glittering sparks. It looked like a glistening night sky. One that would be perfect for stargazing.