CH 27. Back to school

~Elodie's POV~

Back at the Burrow Mrs. Weasley was able to heal the wound on my temple. She was eyeing me the entire time, not completely convinced it was from taking a fall. But when I pressed her for more information, she said it was nothing to worry about. I dozed away on the couch while I sipped tea and waited for everyone else to arrive. Bill said that some of the ministry people would want to question Mr. Weasley and Harry about what we had seen in the campgrounds when we woke up.

When I opened my eyes, it was still dark outside, so I hadn't been asleep for long. But the image of so many death eaters in one place was too much to sleep though. I looked over and saw my feet resting on Fred, who was sleeping in a seated position. Ginny and George must have returned to their beds. There was a light on coming from the kitchen and whispering.

"Mum's right, it didn't look like she just hit her head," Bill said.

"No, it looked like someone had cut a piece of her flesh and hair out. I was healing it for nearly 15 minutes before it looked manageable. I was prepared to take her to St. Mungo's," Mrs. Weasley said frantically.

"Yes, but who? That's what we need to know," Mr. Weasley said.

They want us...

The hissing voice was back. It wasn't coming from the kitchen; it was like it was coming from my shoulder. But no one was beside me and Fred was asleep.

"Remember what Minerva told me. Perhaps if someone cut her, it has something to do with that," Mr. Weasley said, and nothing else was said.

I looked over to wake up Fred. The way he was sitting with his head thrown back would surely ache his neck tomorrow. Waking him, however, was a task in itself. After giving him a little shake, he raised his head to sit up straight and let a hiss escape his lips.

"Hey, are you okay? How's your head?" He asked me right away placing a hand under my chin to examine my face.

Him...

"It's okay, I reckon I'll have a pretty attractive scar. But yours will hurt if you keep sleeping like this. Come on. Lie down," I told him and gently nudged his body into a lying position. I pulled the knitted blanket that rested on the couch over him. I brushed some of his long hair out of his face, the warmth of his skin felt like little electrical shocks running up my arm.

Stay with him...

"Come here," Fred said and opened up the blanket for me to crawl in with him. "No funny business. I promise to behave."

I rolled my eyes and laid on the edge facing him and let his arm wrap around me so I wouldn't fall off. He let out a sigh of relief and his warm breath washed over me like a comforting blanket of Cinnamon and vanilla.

"Mmm, you smell like vanilla cupcakes and cinnamon," I spoke into his sternum, taking in as much of his sweet smell as possible.

"Yeah? Well you smell like blood and dirt," he told me sourly. "You gave us a terrible scare Elodie. I thought—" he scolded me before remaining quiet, not wanting to complete his thought.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm okay," I said and placed a hand on his cheek. "Get some sleep okay? I'll still be here when you wake up," I told him.

He nodded silently and pulled me in a bit closer to him. I couldn't deny that the way that our bodies fit together was borderline perfect. Even if we were laying on a frumpy couch. It felt different than all the times I had found myself laying with Cedric. Both felt magnificent, but Fred, Fred felt like a home.

Stay with him...

Keep us safe...

"Always," I told the hissing voice.