Eight

New chapter!!! Enjoy~~<3

***

   Loud sobs racked six different bodies as they cried about the loss of their brother. Had that really just happened? Was Taehyung really gone?

   "JIMIN, YOU MOTHERFUCKER!" Yoongi screamed as he stumbled to his feet. "YOU FUCKING KILLED HIM!"

   "I-It was an accident!" Jimin exclaimed shakily. "I-I didn't see the drop-off!"

   "Why were you fighting with him one-sidedly anyway?" Hoseok sobbed. "He didn't make you trip and fall!"

   "I-I—I was just frustrated! I didn't mean to take my anger out on him!"

   "BEING FRUSTRATED DOESN'T GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO PUSH HIM INTO A FUCKING VOLCANO!" Seokjin screamed while gripping his hair tightly.

   "I KNOW! GET OFF MY FUCKING BACK!"

   "THERE'S NO REASON FOR YOU TO GET FUCKING MAD, JIMIN! YOU LITERALLY JUST KILLED OUR BEST FRIEND!" Namjoon yelled.

   A rustling sound had everyone turning their heads. Jeongguk stood up from the ground and started to head back down the mountain, quiet cries still leaving his lips. He had just witnessed the death of his best friend, and he really just wanted to be alone.

   "J-Jungkook?" Jimin hesitantly called out.

   "Don't, Jimin. Just . . . don't." And Jungkook was gone.

   "I'm going, too. In the morning, we'll call the police to go . . . to go get him." And Yoongi was gone. Then Namjoon. Then Hoseok. Then Seokjin. And finally Jimin.

***

   "Sunbae! Hiiii!"

   Six eyes snapped over to the outside of the house. They stood there in complete and utter disbelief at the sight before them. There stood Yeonjun, waving and talking happily to . . . Taehyun?!

   "TAEHYUNG!" Jungkook screamed and took off outside. Taehyung barely had enough time to look up before Jungkook was tackling him to the ground. He yelped.

   "Kook—"

   "Hyung, you're here! You're not dead! You survived," Jungkook said, happy tears beginning to stream down his cheeks.

   "Yeah—"

   "TAEHYUNG!" five other happy voices yelled before they joined the youngest maknaes.

   "How'd you survive?"

   "I'm so glad you're not dead!"

   "We were just about to call the police and inform TXT. You came just in time!"

   "Tell us what—"

   "T-Taehyung . . ." Jimin started. Taehyung looked up and unconsciously scooted back away from his platonic soulmate, remembering the previous night. Jimin whimpered as tears filled his eyes. He slowly got down on both of his knees and bowed all the way to the ground in front of the one he had wronged. "Taehyung, I'm sorry!"

   "I-It's okay, Hy-Hyung," Taehyung stuttered and forced a smile on his perfectly sculptured face.

   "Y-You called me 'Hyung'."

   Jimin burst into sobs.

   "J-Jiminie—"

   "I'm sorry, Taehyung! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I let my anger overcome me and influenced my actions and I almost killed you! You never call me 'hyung'! I'm so sorry, Taehyung, please forgive me!"

   "I-I forgive you, Hyu—J-Jiminie. Y-You were just—I forgive you, Hyung."

   "Oh, thank God—"

   "However," Taehyung continued, "I-I don't think I'll be able to stay in the room with you."

   Everyone went silent. Yeonjun blinked rapidly before attempting to sneak away, still completely and utterly confused on what the fuck was going on, only to run into Soobin and the rest of his members, who had come out when hearing the commotion.

   "Hyung, no don't leave—" Jungkook began.

   "Hyu—er, Sunbae can stay with me in my room." All eyes turned to Huening Kai, who awkwardly coughed.

   "Kai, no—"

   "You won't even let us go in there—" Taehyun screeched.

   "Actually, yeah." All eyes turned back towards Taehyung. "I'd actually like that a lot." Jimin sighed sadly and looked down on his feet.

   ". . . Okay, then. But Taehyung, can you explain to us how exactly you survived that drop-off?" Jin questioned.

   "What drop-off?" Beomgyu asked.

   "Well . . ." After the talk he had had with you and Kai the previous night, the pair of siblings struggled heavily with bringing the new merman back to their cave room. Taehyung was completely uncoordinated with his new tail—which was completely expected and reasonable—but it was still annoying that it took so long to get back, though.

   Once the three of you were back in the cave room, you took time out of your precious sleep time to help him learn how to dry his tail and showed him around the cave room, which Taehyung was extremely in awe about. When you all were finally heading to bed, Taehyung was forced to share to pool with you and Kai as there wasn't another pool. In the morning, you and Kai helped him over to the beach, where Yeonjun found him and now they were here.

   ". . . there was water at the bottom of the mountain, and I was able to swim out through an opening. I had fallen asleep on the beach and found my way back when I woke up," Taehyung lied. Everyone nodded (including TXT even though they didn't know what they were nodding for).

   "Alright then, Kai, can I move my stuff into your room now?"

   "Sure, Sunbae!"

   And the two separated from the group, leaving four confused males, five relieved males yet saddened, and one crying one.

***

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!!! Please make sure to vote and comment, it really does help.

What is you guys's favorite mythical creature? Mine is probably the mermaid. If I had a choice to be a mermaid, I'd probably take the chance in a second. My second favorite would probably be a fairy, because they're magical! I would have my own pair of wings and a magic wand! (fairy story coming soon)

A second question because I'm trying to make this a thousand words in the draft: if you could have one superpower, what would you choose? I would choose shapeshifting, because then you could become any animal you want! Like a cheetah, or a bird! It'd be super cool if people had superpowers like in My Hero Academia. That be the coolest thing ever!

What do you guys think about this story so far? I'd greatly love and appreciate the feedback.

Bye friends~~<3