Twelve

New chapter after my week hiatus!!! Enjoy~~<3

***

   Kai and Taehyung drew out when they had to go back to the cave room for as long as they could before they absolutely had to go back. Their aim was to hopefully stay away until you fell asleep, and they they'd (hopefully) be off the hook.

   Slowly and with great caution, the two boys creeped into the dark room. Carefully, Kai reached over to turn on the light and—

   "Hello, boys."

   "REEEEE!" Kai and Taehyung screeched in unison as they jumped five feet into the air. Of course, you already expected that they'd attempt to sneak in at around this time, so you just decided to wait for the mermen to return

   "Y-Y/N—"

   "What took y'all so long to get back? I was starting to get kinda lonely," you pouted cutely while cocking your head to the side.

   "We—uh—"

   "Anyway, let's go to bed, shall we?" you grinned while gesturing towards the sleeping pool.

   "Uh," Kai and Taehyung made eye contact with each other before hesitatingly nodding, stripping themselves of their shirts and walking towards the water.

   "DIE!" you suddenly screamed while pushing Taehyung with all your might, causing Taehyung to fly across the pool with a screech and land in the middle of the water. "Ah ha! Now you must swim your way back on your own! Good luck with that!" you smirked evilly.

   "Y/N!" Kai gasped. You turned towards him. "Why did you do that?!"

   "That idiot talked to me while in public! Nobody was supposed to know that we knew each other! Plus, you know that I go to the aquarium once a week!" you exclaimed.

   "I didn't!" Taehyung screeched while attempting to swim back over to the shallow area.

   "It still should've been obvious that you were supposed to ignore me," you rolled your eyes.

   "I was surprised!"

   "Anyway," you cut in, "tonight, Kai and I will help you with your swimming," you said while glancing at your mate, who was struggling greatly. Kai's eyes widened. He didn't want to help Taehyung today! He just wanted to play Among Us on his phone!

   "Uh . . . Actually, Beomgyu and Taehyun wanted me to have a sleepover in their room tonight," Kai lied while batting his eyelashes innocently.

   "No they didn't—"

   "Argh. Okay, I'll teach him on my own tonight. Be careful, Kai," you warned. Kai brightened up happily at the fact that his lie worked and nodded furiously.

   "Thanks, Y/N! Bye, Taehyung-hyung!" Kai waved while winking at an astounded Taehyung.

   The second the door closed behind Kai, you turned towards the newborn merman. He looked pitiful, really. He seemed to have forgotten everything from the other day and was just flailing around in the water. You sighed before launching yourself into the water, ready to help your poor little soulmate.

   "Taehyung."

   "O-Oh, Y/N! Please, help me! This is so hard!" Taehyung exclaimed with frustrated tears gathering in his eyes.

   "That's what I'm here for, honey." You grabbed both of Taehyung's arms and helped him to where he was treading water. Taehyung sighed in relief.

   "Thank you, baby," the newborn stared at you affectionately. Your eyes widened and your face flushed red in surprise from the pet name.

   "What's wrong?" Taehyung asked with his head cocked to the side.

   "Y-You—," you coughed and looked away.

   "I what?"

   "You called me 'baby'." Taehyung's eyes widened and he also looked away, completely flushed out.

   "I-I'm sorry," Taehyung whispered quietly.

   "No, no, no, uh—it's okay. Actually I—" Taehyung turned towards you. "—I'd like it if you actually started calling me that . . ." you trailed off embarrassingly while scratching your wet hair. Taehyung stared at you in surprise before he smiled his boxy smile beautifully.

   "It'd be my pleasure, baby." You blushed again and splashed your mate with water.

   "A-Alright, we're going to start on the next lesson now. Pay attention carefully!"

***

I hope you guys enjoyed this rather short chapter!!! Please make sure to vote and comment, it really does help.

I'm going to school now, so there's a chance that I won't be able to update some days. But I'll try my hardest!!!

Bye friends~~<3