coming back

A few days after Dereks death, Meredith has not felt the same. She felt empty inside, and she was never in the mood for anything, but she knew she had to be strong for her kids; she didn't want them to see her like this.

Alex came to pick Meredith up that morning since he knew she was having a hard time coping with Derek dying. "Hey Mer, how you doing today?" he asks calmly and concerned. "Just drive, please" she says in a sorrowful tone. She doesn't like showing her weakness, instead she hides from herself and everyone else. Meredith has her head up against the window of the car, she has a warm tear rolling down her cheek. Alex noticed and quietly sighs because he hates seeing her upset.

Since everything was so sudden, the hospital was different. Not as positive. As Meredith and Alex arrive at Grey Solan, they walk up to the front doors. Meredith stops. Alex glances at her, wondering why she stopped. "Hey, you okay?" Alex says quietly. This broke his heart, knowing she lost the love of her life and that she couldn't do anything about it. Mer sighs and says nothing. She just continues to walk in the building.

Everyone is starring at her. It's awkward.. for everyone. Bailey walks up to Meredith and offers a walk down to the attendings lounge. They get there, Mer instantly feels more safe. Nobody is starring anymore. Andrew shows up, even though he shouldn't be there. He just wants to show some empathy. "Hey. Look, I know your husband died and I just wanted to say I am sorry, and whatever you need I am here." Andrew claims. "Thank you." Meredith says in a trembling voice. Andrew turns around, heading to the residents lounge. Meredith stops him. "Wait.."

Andrew pauses and looks at her. She stumbles over her words and walks towards him. Since they weren't that close at the time, she didn't know if he knew much about her. All she wanted was a warm hug, from someone other than a close friend. She hugged Andrew tightly, letting go of all her problems for the seconds the hug lasted. Meredith couldn't hold it together. She started crying. She didn't want Andrew to see her like this, so she ran into the bathroom and starting sobbing.

Andrew knocked on the bathroom door. "Meredith? You alright?" He gets no response back. "Mer, i'm just trying to help. I know this is hard for you. Just please come out, or at least let me in." he begs. Just as he was about to concede, Mer opens the door with her tears wiped away. "Let's get to work. We can talk later." she says abruptly. The look Meredith gave off, that's when Andrew knew he was in love.

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

hey! this is my first chapter. i know it's bad lmao but it's my first story. i hope you guys find it good? anyway enjoy! updating soon -

《 sarah 》