so now what?

the morning after

Meredith wakes up in her bedroom, wondering how she got there.
"Oh my god" she remembers last night and the kiss that she willingly seemed to enjoy.
"what the hell am I going to do"

She paces around her room thinking about what to do. Thinking about if she wants to date him or not.
Meredith hears a thud coming from downstairs, so she goes down to check. The kids are still at Amelias house so it couldn't be them.
".. Andrew" She quietly says.
"Oh hey! I brought you to your bed last night. I slept on the couch. But now I'm making some pancakes cause I thought you'd be hungry." He happily says.
"Oh ok, thanks"

"Hey Mer, about last n-" Mer stops him before he can continue.
"Don't worry about it." she pauses, then hesitates to say anything else.
"So.. I uh gotta go. Work. Busy day.. heh. So bye I guess" She says.
"But the panca- ok.." he blows it off.

4.5 hours later
at work

"Hey Mer! I got this case of a women who ate spider eggs and they hatched inside her. haha" Andrew laughs
"fun, I had someone with a kidney transplant. boring compared to you"
"come with me, trust me" he says
She follows him into an on call room.

"I have been looking forward to this all day, contemplating on if i should do it or not" He starts off. "I am clearly in love with you, and to be frankly honest I love you"
'I love you'
those words. they just hit different to her.
She stood there silent, not knowing what to say.
"Andrew... uh. I'm sorry. I have to um go"
Meredith walks out wanting to cry but she isn't going to. Andrew stands there in disbelief, not knowing what happened. He assumes he did something wrong.

Meredith drives home to Maggie and Amelia sitting at the kitchen table eating left over pizza the kids had. "Andrew said he loves me." she blurts out of nowhere
"Uh.. so how do you feel about that? Isn't it a good thing?" Amelia asks in confusion
"I mean yes. but like no. no it's not. I like him and all but I haven't said those words to anyone since Derek"

"Oh. Well it's not your fault. Andrew just must have not known. It's up to you, so whenever your ready. What are you going to do?" Maggie tries to help.
"Yeah like are you going to stay with him?" Amelia adds in.
"I don't know. I'll figure it out. I just don't think I'm ready to tell anyone that anytime soon"

The next day, at work

Meredith and Maggie walk in together. They just talk about surgical stuff and Maggie's dad. Andrew walks up. "Hey.."

"I should leave you two to talk" Maggie says while walking away.
"So why did you walk out on me like that yesterday? It kinda hurts." He aggressively says.
"Andrew im sorry. I just don't think I'm ready for that stuff yet"
"But why? Did I do something wrong?"
"No Andrew.. it has nothing to do with you"

"Then what is it Mer?? Because it feels terrible getting 'rejected' like that"
Mer stays silent and doesn't answer his question.
"Hellooo?" He gets annoyed
She still doesn't answer. She's thinking about Derek.
"Meredith! What the fuck is the reason then??"

"oh my god. it's just Derek. I haven't said it since and I'm not ready."
"Well ya know.. your gunna have to let it go someday. I'm tired of waiting.."
"Oh well sorry my personal life isn't fucking convenient enough for you. I'll try better next time, it's noted"

Meredith walks away, and as soon as she gets into her car she breaks down into tears. She thinks why Andrew disrespected not only her, but Derek.. straight to her face.

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

hey so the ending was like very rough, and I don't think Andrew would do anything like that but it's just to add drama and more of a plot because I'm running out of ideas, so I'm keeping the story running. I hope you enjoy though! also this is one of my fav chapters so far, I hope it's good lmao

《 sarah 》