together again

5 days after the kiss

Meredith had took off work for 5 days, as well as ignoring Andrew. Meanwhile, Andrew has been up to nothing either. The only thing he had been doing was going to work, and had the thought of the kiss in his head. Was it a mistake? or was it the start of something fresh.
Mer cannot keep calling in sick with the flu, it's been too long. She could get fired sooner or later if she doesn't go into work.
"oh.. hey andrew" she mumbles
"hey..! how have you been? uh.. feeling any better?"
the two go on with an awkward conversation for a few minutes. "Okay.. I'm sorry. How about we can talk about it tonight. It's been nothing but awkward between us." Andrew belts out.
"alright.. fine" as she agrees.

( 7:47 pm )

"Hey Andrew. You still up to talk?"
"Yeah of course"
The two decide to go to Merediths house, since Amelia and Maggie are watching the kids tonight.

"so... I'm sorry for walking out on you like that. I just couldn't be in the moment. But that doesn't mean I don't want to be your friend"
Andrew thought deeply about her words, but the 'friend' caught him off guard.
"yeah and I understand. It's my fault. I shouldn't have kissed you. But I can't help but believe that there was something there. I really like you.."
Andrews words made her speechless in a way that nobody can describe.
"Andrew. It's been about 2 months since.. he.. died. It's not that I don't want a relationship, it's just it feels like I'm making him upset. I can't take the pressure of one right now" she pleads
"hey. i know. and your someone who is worth waiting for. Derek dying must have been hard for you, and I'm sure he would want you to find love again." Andrew says back letting her know she can confide in him
"I get that. Andrew, I really have mixed feelings toward you. Some parts of me like you but some don't. I just don't know"

Both of them get silent. Meredith looks down at her trembling legs while anxiety rushes through her. Andrew glances and his calming smile turns into a sorrowful frown. He places his hand on her leg trying to get her to calm down. At the same time, he takes his other hand and gently grabs her chin and turns her head to him. They look each other in the eyes. Andrew pulls Meredith in for a kiss. She gives in, and they enjoy a slow romantic kiss.

Afterwards Meredith has a feeling. Like she regrets the kiss but she can't feel it. She wanted more. She wanted to be loved. She didn't have Derek to love her and she forgot what the sensation felt like. Mer puts her head on Andrews shoulder and he puts his head over Hers. She falls asleep feeling the warmth of his body, and for once she felt loved again.
"Thank you, Andrew"