Gentle.

You sat in the sand next to the crying Child's crib

You sat in the sand next to the crying Child's crib. Mando tried to fix up his wounds. The Child wouldn't stop crying, you stood up and grabbed the Child. You sat back down and cradled him in your arms.

"Ssshhh, go to sleep. Please, go to sleep." You whisper, stroking his hair. He just wouldn't stop crying, and he wouldn't go to sleep.

"Give him to me." Mando insists. You don't listen and continue trying to make the child sleep. "Y/N." He warns, standing up.

"You're inju..." As soon as he took the baby out of your hands, The Child stopped crying. Mando placed him gently in his crib. "How'd...How'd you do that?" You ask.

"You just need to be gentle." Mando whispers, walking away from the crib. "You need to work on that, being nicer." He chuckles slightly.

"And how do you be gentle, Mr Warm or Cold." You snap back aggressively. He laughs and sits by your side. He takes your hand and starts tracing over your palm.

"Like this." He basically whispers. He continues tracing over your palm but works his way up higher, to your face. He caresses it gently making you blush. Your entire body had turned red.

"W-Why're you doing this?" You stutter feeling his hands go to your neck.

"Y/N, Over these past week, I've fallen madly in love you with you." He admits, his hand taking yours. Your heart stopped. There was no way this was happening.

"What?"

"I know it'll never work but I-...I'm in love with you, Y/N. Since the moment I saw you, I knew you were special. I just- I just wish I could take this helmet off and just...kiss you."

You didn't move, speak and it seemed like you didn't breathe. You just stared at the 'T' shaped visor. "Say something...please..." You were lost for words, you couldn't say anything.

"I'll close my eyes." You smirked. He titled his head and laughed. "I haven't realised but...I have fallen in love with you." You felt his smile under his helmet.

The Baby started crying again. You sighed as he broke the perfect moment of silence between the two of you. You picked him out of his crib and held him in your arms. He looked up at Mando and you, smiling. His momma and papa.

You stroked his hair and kissed his forehead, gently. He fell asleep in no time. You leaned on Mandos Beskar covered shoulder. For the longest time you'd never had a family, and now you do. A sweet, gentle family.