Fire

Fire was dancing on the wood, each swirl and crackle made you stare into the heat. The grey smoke swirled high above the trees, puffing with the direction on the wind. The child also took interest in the fire, staring at it with his dilated pupils. He went to reach for it, before you held him back obviously.

"You can't touch it, it's hot." You tell him, he continues to stare at it. Mando on the other hand, sat on the ground, fixing his armour.

He grunts, he sounded hurt. And Mando never showed his pain, so this must've hurt terribly. "You alright?" You ask with clear concern in your voice.

"I'm fine." He replies angrily, flinching after hitting pure flesh through broken skin, blood pooling on his arm. You couldn't see it at first, you were too focused on The child. He blabbered, wide eyed. You smiled and looked at Mando.

His head span as he clenched his arm, he couldn't hold on any longer. His eyes became heavy and he could not speak a word. The world around him darkened and he fell backwards.

You rushed to his side, grabbing his neck and pulling him up to you. You look at his arm, blood spilling onto your clothes. You pull the armour off that patch. You apply pressure and ripped off a part of your shirt for him.

He still hadn't woken up. You were left in the woods worrying for this man as a child slept peacefully by your side. It's been hours, you'd patched up his wound. You saw the sunrise flash through the trees. You spoke again.

"Mando?" You called out again, still not a reply. You brought his body closer to you, looking at him. He looked lifeless but he was breathing ever so slightly. You wish you could give him mouth to mouth.

A sudden jerk came from the body. You gasped and held his hand. He coughed and sat up straight, gasping for air. He realised your hand was intertwined with his, but he did nothing.

"Here, eat some soup. I'll look away." You knew he didn't feel safe eating in broad daylight but he had to. He shook his head, you push to bowl closer to his. "Please?" You beg.

He sighed. "What happened?"

"Blood loss. If you would've told me about your arm sooner, this wouldn't have happened. But you're okay now, and that's all that matters. Now eat."

"Thank you, Y/N." He nods his head as he takes the bowl from your hands.

"I try my best." You smiled, and you sensed his smile under the helmet.

"You can't see but I'm sm-"

"I know." The smoke from the fire still swivelled high to the clouds, creating a tingling crackle between the two of you and the snoring baby.

Din Djarin [The Mandalorian] x Reader Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें