Nice landing

You put the baby to rest, seeing him sleep peacefully was so calming compared to the bounty chasing

You put the baby to rest, seeing him sleep peacefully was so calming compared to the bounty chasing. You closed the door and tiptoed backwards to the cockpit. When you hit the ladder, you turned around.

Your head poked through and saw Mando, entering hyperspace. It pushed you back slightly but you were used to it at this point. "Where we headed?" You ask.

"Nevarro."

"Nice. Kids asleep, finally." You sit down relax. Looking at the many stars of the Galaxy was calming.

Thank you." He nodded his head and swivelled around to look at you.

"No need to thank me, I'm just doing my job."

"What is your job exactly?" He asked, turning his head before shooting into hyperspace. He then swirled his chair to you.

"Looking after the two of you." You took time to reply, but this was your answer. Sweet and simple.

"That's a good job, Cyar'ika." He sniffles, you searched your pockets for tissues and handed them to him, turning around and covering your eyes.

"What does that mean?" You ask, your knowledge on Mando'a was strictly small words and phrases, such as Ner Vod, my friend.

"My darling."

You turned around, he was staring at you. He hadn't touched the tissue. You heard crying, Grogu. You shrugged and kissed the Beskar helmet to tend to the baby. Leaving Din to smile in the cockpit secretly.

That's one thing he hated. You couldn't see him smiling.

:/ Later /:

You returned to Din, exhausted from taking care of the child. You fall onto the chair and lean back, inhaling deeply.

"Tired?"

"Absolutely. Maker, it's tiring." You groan.

"I'll take the next round." He offers. You shook your head. "Why not?"

"It's my job. You do what you gotta do and I'll take care of the kid. That's just how it is." It was a very black and white life, but that's how it should be. He sighed and shrugged.

"I suppose." He stared at you and you stared back for a few minutes. You both burst out laughing. You'd never heard him laugh properly, just chuckles.

You were so caught up in the moment that you didn't even realise the fact you were headed straight for Nevarro. You'd never moved so quickly in your life.

"Razor Crest, please lower your speed."

You pulled a lever upwards which brought the entire ship up in the air quickly. The Crest lowered slowly, you steered to a landing port and landed safely. Din didn't say anything, he was shocked and embarrassed he let himself go.

He couldn't say anything. You breathed heavily, panting out of panic. Your hands were shaking, you were shaking.

He wished he could take that stupid helmet off right now and kiss you. He would, if the entire world wasn't watching outside the window.

"Mando!" Greef Karga shouted from outside the window. You quickly walked out of the cockpit and grabbed the baby.

You met Din outside with Grogu in hand. "This is my...assistant, Y/N." Din introduces you, you smile and shake his hand.

"Ah, there's the little man!" He exclaimed, grabbing the little baby from your arms. "Any luck with the magic?" He whispers to Din.

"No." He looked at you, you were still in shock and hated big spaces with large amounts of people. Someone taps your shoulder, you turn around.

"Your flying was brilliant back there, child." An elderly woman said. She looked Jawa, wearing goggles to help her see. Her eyes full of sincerity and happiness. She sounded wise.

"Thank you, Ma'am. I try my best." You reply, she held your hands in hers, tightly.

"You protect the people around you. That is a true hero." You smiled at her and nodded in respect. "Who lost control of the ship?" She whispers, making sure Din couldn't hear. You nodded over to him and she laughed.

"Goodbye, young one. We shall meet again one day." And she left. Just hobbled away. Without a care in the world.

"Nice landing there." Greef Karga compliments. You smile and giggle out of politeness, you were still terrified. Many children had ran up to see Grogu.

"Look at it!" You heard a small girl exclaim as Grogu waddled around. He picked up a rock and began to put it near his mouth.

"Don't eat it." You said, grabbing the stone and throwing it away.

"Are you two his parents?" The girl asked. Din looked down from his conversation with Karga at the girl, then to you.

"I guess we are, aren't we?" Din put on his dark, mysterious voice.

"I guess we are."