Stars

He's been in your kingdom for awhile now

He's been in your kingdom for awhile now. Roaming around with his son as an Enigma. No one knew why he was here, all they knew was that he was dangerous. The Famous Mandalorian and The Baby with a high bounty in your Kingdom.

You had no problem with him being here. Your father, the king, on the other hand did. He thought he'd bring war to the planet and get you all killed. He seemed sweet in your eyes, said to be ruthless but cared deeply for the child as a son.

You sat outside the castle grounds against your fathers will just to look at the stars. It was the only good place to see them clearly, the bewitching dots in the sky made you wonder. What would you do if you were a star? Sitting above the clouds, nothing to ever worry about. This was your last day as Princess before you became Queen, so you had much to worry about.

You wonder if stars have someone to watch over, what if that star above you is watching you now, and that one over there is watching over the Mandalorian. And what it Shooting stars is the indication that someone has died? Eh, it's all nonsense.

You felt someone approaching you, you didn't move a muscle from the grass you were laying in. The pristine moment between you and your Star was too perfect to break. The nearing footsteps got you worried, they were heavy and metal. You looked over to see the armoured figure of the ruthless Mandalorian and the Child he watched other looking at flowers in the grass.

"Oh, Hello." You speak out to the man. His Shiny Beskar armour glistening in the moonlight, reminding you of the stars above.

"Uhm...hi." He replies. You knew people were afraid of him, people ran off when he was around so you assumed he was confused on why you of all people were speaking to him.

"I've heard stories about you, Mandalorian, and that baby." You remark, laying back in the grass to look up at the stars. "Such a high bounty for such a small package." You heard his blaster click as he aims it at your head. You chuckle slightly.

"You may not want to point your blaster at a Princess, Mandalorian." You threaten, smirking at the night sky. You hear the blaster click back into his holster.

"You're the princess here?" He asks, you hum politely in response.

"It's my coronation day tomorrow. Will you be joining us, Mandalorian?" You ask, turning your head to him. The Visor looked down upon you, you had to admit, he was very intimidating.

"Depends on how I feel about you." He finally answers after the silence that lasted painstakingly long.

"Well, Join me here and let's find out." You patted the ground next to you for him to lay. He chuckled quietly. "That's an order, Bucket Head." You taunt, sending a petty look his way. He begrudgingly takes the offer and lay by your side.

"C'mon, Kid. The nice princess has offered the stargaze with us." He mocks, causing you to laugh.

"What brings you here, Mandalorian?" You ask, staring at the passing stars, marvelling in their jaw-dropping glory.

"My ship broke down, so I'll be here for a few days. Your people don't seem to like me that much." You could hear the smirk under the helmet.

"They've heard stories of you. We have a trade system with Nevarro so stories are carried around from there easily. You've been the top story for weeks."

"I'm that famous, huh?"

"Well, yes." You heard the Child coo from behind you as he played and possible ate some flowers. You sat up and giggled at the adorable creature, taking him into your arms.

You heard your name being called from a far distance, you gasped, placing the baby in his fathers arms.

"You must go. The guards are looking for me." You shoo, standing up. The Mandalorian stumbles off the ground and takes a few steps back, tracing you up and down until your name was called once more.

"I'll be joining you tomorrow." He whispers before finally running into the tall grass. You sigh and smile, stuck in the moment. That's when you realise what was going on. The Guards grabbed your shoulders.

"What're you doing out so late?!" The Guard asked.

"Oh...Oh, My! It is late, sorry, I lost track of time." You lie convincingly, acting shocked and looking down at the floor.

"Who were you talking to?" The other guard asks, furiously. You don't answer. He asks again. You try to think but only one things in your mind.

"The Stars."