Chapter 33

.....A Few Months Later.....

It is already December 20 and Alex will be coming over to spend Christmas with me and my family from the 21st until the 27th.

On the 28th we will be flying to Othilia to celebrate New Year with his family and then I will be going back on the 3rd of January.

The last time Alex and I saw each other physically was the day of the article.

After that day he had to leave the next day due to him having some planned engagements to attend to which he did not want to postpone in fear that it may cause even more unwanted attention.

Despite us not being able to visit each other we still called every night, usually until I fell asleep and he would just end the call.

I am currently waiting for my order. I was to lazy to cook so I just decided to order a pepperoni pizza.

Unfortunately for me I got colds. Just before Christmas. Hopefully I will be better before by the time we head to my parent's house.

Alex will be arriving in the morning at around 8 am. I was going to meet him at the airport but he told me to just stay in since the weather is much colder now and I have colds.

I tried convincing him that I was finr and the colds did not bother me but he was to stubborn to let me meet him in the airport.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard a knock on the door.

I received the pizza and placed it in my living room as I sat down.

The smell of the pizza filled most of the appartment, and let me say it smelled amazing.

I was eating my pizza while listening to music and scrolling through my instagram when Alex calls me.

I pick up as we both greet each other.

"What are you eating?" He asks

"Pizza" I say as I smile before taking another bite and closing my eyes to savour the taste.

"You look cute when you're eating" he says making me open my eyes as I look at him as he just shrugs and smiles back at me.

"I do not!" I protest

"Yes, you do, I still have your breakfast picture if you want any proof"

"I am deleting that picture the moment I get hold of his phone" I say before taking another bite of my pizza.

"If you can love, if you can" he says before smirking at me.

We talk for a few minutes about l sort of things until I recall that he will be going here tomorrow and I ask him a question.

"What time do you have to go to the airport?"

"Around 5:30" he says as I glance at the time to reveal it to be 11:30 already.

"Then you should get some sleep already" I say as I start to fix my left over pizza in a container.

"When your in bed already" he says as I laugh before replying.

"Darling I am not the one travelling tomorrow morning. All I have to- Oh wait no, let me rephrase, all I CAN do is wait for you to arrive" I say as I do my nightly routine before walking off to my room.

"I know we talked about meeting in the airport but I want you well, especially since it's our first Christmas together"

"I know" I say as I get in bed and put my phone on the night table.

A few minutes later I drfited off to sleep

.....The Next Day.....

I wake up at 7 am and I start to get ready for the day.

By the time I get my coffee it is already 7:45am, I walk over to the balcony with my coffee mug and just stare at the numerous buildings of New York City.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

I was lost in thought until I felt a pair of hands snake their way around my waist.

I turn around to see Alex as he kisses me on the lips and I do the same.

"I missed you" I say as we hug.

"I missed you more, but you seem lost in thought"

"It's nothing I was just wondering how lucky I was to have you in my life" I say smiling at him as a strong gust of wind makes me slightly shiver.

"We should head inside" He says as he puts and arm around me and I nod.

We both enter and he closes the door.

"What do you want for breakfast?" I ask

"I'm fine with anything you want" he says as we both sit on the couch.

"Then it will be a surprise meal" I say as I head to the kitchen to start cooking.

"You need any help?" He asks leaning at the door frame.

"Nope, I'm good" I say as I start mixing my ingredients together as Alex walks back to the living room.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

I finished cooking and I place it on the table as I call Alex.

I prepared butttermilk pancakes with fried chicken along with a cup of hot chocolate since the weather is pretty cold outside.

"That looks good" Alex says as he approaches me.

"Because it is" I state with a smirk.

"Very confident Ms. Peterson" he says with a smirk as he sits down and I do the same.

He slices a portion and takes a bite without showing any emotion.

Will he like it? I should've just gone with some cereal.

I watch him as I wait for his reaction while he just stares at me for a few seconds after finishing his bite.

"Wow, that does taste good" he says as he looks down on his meal.

"Told you so" I saw as I dig in my food.

We talk and eat for the rest of the morning as we catch up about the things we've been doing.

Author's Note:

Word Count: 1017

Hope you liked it.