Chapter 41

.....A Few Days Later.....

I wake up with my alarm ringing.

I turn it off and I take a look at the time.

"Shit! I am late for work" I say as I jump out of bed and I quickly grab my clothes and start walking to the bathroom to get ready.

I am still tired from travelling and I have to be back at work already.

I just got back from Othilia yesterday and today I am back at work.

Today I am wearing a black dress with a grey blazer.

I hear my phone ringing. I will call back whoever is calling when I reach the office.

I grab my bag and I exit my appartment in a rush as I make sure that the door is lock before I enter the elevator.

Thankfully there were no stops along the way. I check my phone as I exit the elevator and building.

I have a missed call from Alex and Margaret. That's weird? They don't call me at this time.

I decide to call Margaret first since she might be looking for me. Before I call her I exit the building and I am blinded by lights and camera's clicking all over the place.

I look up to be greated with a huge amount of papparazzi all shouting my name and asking questions.

I stand in shock like a deer at the middle of a road with a car approaching.

Cameras are shoved in front of my face as more questions are directed at me.

Before I get to react the building security start to bring them away from me as I enter back the building.

I go back to my appartment, I close all the windows with the curtains and decide to call Alex and he immeadietly picks up my call.

"Have you gone out?" Is his first question to me.

"I have" I say as my mind goes back to the moment I exited the building.

"Are you alright?" Alex asks and I can hear the concern in his voice.

"I-I...I honestly don't know how I feel at the moment" I say as I receive another call from Margaret.

"I'll call you back. Margaret's calling me" I say as I end the call without waiting for his answer as I pick up Margaret's call.

"Hello?" I say but it became more like a question instead of an answer.

"Amelia, have you seen the news?" She asks in a rush.

"No, why?" I say as I open the TV and flipped through the channels.

What I see leaves me speechless. I see myself surrounded with the press.

Until I realize that this is what happened a few minutes ago. When I was frozen at my feet and I couldn't move or speak just stare at them all as each camera goes right in front of my face.

"Amelia?, Amelia?" Margaret talks bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Uhm...y-yes?" I speak with a bit of stuttering.

"I don't think you can come to work today" she says

"What, why?" I ask as I continue to watch the news about me and my encounter with the papparazzi outside the building.

"Because...There are a few gathered around the building as well" she says as I sigh at the thought of everything.

"Alright, I'll inform Mr. Carson regarding my absence today, Thank you for informing me" I say as we both end call.

I call Ethan and after a few rings he finally answers his phone.

"Mr. Carson, I would like to inform you regarding my absence today due to the papparazzi right outside my appartment as well as a few there as well"

"Alright, I've seen the news as well"

"Thank you sir"

"You're welcome" he says as we both end the call.

I walk towards the window and I take a quick look to see if they are still there.

Unfortunately, they still are and it seems that there are more now.

I called Alex back and he immeadietly answered the call.

"How are you?" He asks as I sit on the couch.

"I'm not sure at the moment, but one thing I know is that I can't go to work today" I say

"Do you need anything?" He asks

"No" I say as I hear him sigh.

"Okay just call me if you need anything and be careful, they could be anywhere without you even noticing" he says and I can hear the concern in his voice.

"Okay, I love you" I say as I grab my laptop from the coffee table.

"I love you too, look if it helps your not the only one surrounded with papparazzi" he says as I check my emails.

"What do you mean?" I ask

"There are a lot waiting outside the palace gate according to David"

"I got to go, I'll try to do as much as I can at home since I can't go to work at the moment" I say

"Alright, we will get through this don't worry, I love you and take care"

"You too" I say as I end the call.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

I decided to have lunch already but before I walked to the kitchen I decided to take a look through my window about the situation downstairs.

Still about the same amount of people since earlier morning when I was about to leave for work.

I cooked my food and decided to eat it in the living room with a movie to keep my mind off the papparazzi for a while.

In the middle of watching I heard my phone ring and thought it was Alex but it was actually my mom.

"Dear, have you seen the news?" Mom asks as soon as I answer the call.

"Yes, I'm actually stuck in my appartment right now" I say as I get up from the couch to put my empty bowl in the sink.

"Oh dear if you need anything just call us so we can bring it there to you" Mom says before I hear dad speak as well "Take care princess"

"I will, you too" I say as we end the call.

I spent the rest of my day doing as much work as I can despit me being locked up in my own appartment.

It's like my whole life turned upside down in a matter of a few days and there is no going back anymore.

Author's Note:

Word Count: 1089

Hope you liked it.