Chapter 26

It is already Tuesday morning and I wasn't able to have dinner last night since I went straight to bed.

I get up and stretch as I get ready for the day.

I decided to go with a white long sleeve turtleneck with grey pants and black ankle boots.

I grab my phone and make my way downstairs for breakfast.

I arrive and Victoria is not here its only Edwards and Alex.

I walk over to sit beside Alex.

"Good morning" I say

"Good morning" both Edward and Alex say in unison.

"Where's Victoria?"

"She's still fixing some things" Edward says "Though she said to start eating without her"

We start to eat after about five minutes she arrives.

"Good morning" she says

"Good morning" we all say together.

She sits down beside Edward and we all comtinue to eat.

"Amelia you did amazing yesterday, the children love you" Victoria says

"Yes, indeed, you did good"

"Thank you" I say

We have a few moments of silence until Victoria speaks again.

"Alex, Amelia, Do you have any plans for today?"

"Nothing, probably we will just stay here" Alex says looking at Victoria

"Oh! Why don't we all go and visit the village today?"

"Mother, we might be seen" Alex says looking at Victoria then me.

"Oh, right, I thought you were announcing already"

"Not yet, its only been a few months"

We contimue to finish our breakfast and after both Edward and Victoria had things to do.

While Alex and I went to his office.

.....A Few Hours Later.....

I hold my drink which is a pumpkin latte as I stare out the window.

Alex is currently still finshing things.

"What about we just announce already? So we don't have to worry about being seen?" I say as I continue to look out the window.

Alex looks up and I can see him walking towards me through his reflection by the window.

He hugs me from behind before he speaks "We don't have to yet and plus I don't want the papparazzi to be chasing you around besides there is no rush to announce yet"

We get interupted by the door opening.

"Amelia I am going for a walk, care to join me?" Victoria says

"I'd love too"

"We will be down if you need us" Victoria says to Alex.

We exit the study and she starts to speak "I actually called you so we could plan for his birthday tomorrow"

"Well, what do you have in mind?"

"Well there is the evening dinner with his friends, though that is every year"

We continue to think of something for tomorrow while walking in the garden.

"Do you know any nearby field?" I say

"I do, why?,what do you have in mind?"

I tell her my plan as we continue to stroll around the garden.

.....The Next Day.....

I wake up early today to get ready. I decided to wear a dark orange sweater with denim jeans and white sneakers.

I prepare my things in my leather bag and I start to make my way towards Alex' room to see if he's awake.

I reach his bedroom door and knock gently on it.

I wait for a few seconds then the door opens revealing Alex wearing a beige sweater with black denim jeans.

"Happy Birthday, birthday boy" I say

"Hey! I am not a boy anymore, I am a proper gentleman"

"Yeah, save the speech" I say "I have a surprise for you, come on" I say as I drag him out of his room.

We reached the entrance of the palace.

Edward and Victoria are both waiting for us while arranging some last minute things that need to be arranged for the trip.

"What's going on?" Alex asks as both of them turn to look at him.

"Happy birthday son, There's something prepared for you by Amelia" Victoria says as Alex looks at me and I smile at him.

"Indeed, Happy Birthday Alex" Edward says patting Alex' shoulder.

"Thank you Mother, Father" They both nod before Victoria speaks.

"Well we won't keep you both any longer"

"Where are we going?" Alex asks looking back at me.

"You'll see" I say with a smirk.

We bid goodbye to both Victoria and Edward before we get in the car.

Jason will be driving us to the location.

Since its "required" that there be one security with us.

.....One Hour Later.....

We finally arrived in a field with a small hill and a tree at the top. With a view of the ocean.

The moment I step out of the car I felt the breeze welcome me. Alex exits the car as well and looks around.

"What are we doing here?" Alex asks

"We're here to spend your birthday" I state as we both move to the back of the car which is filled with supplies.

Jason, Alex and I bring the things to the top of the hill and place everyhting beside the tree.

And might I say that Victoria packs so much stuff.

"Is there anything else you need ma'am?" Jason asks

"We're good Jason, Thank you" I say as he nods and goes down the hill to stay by the car.

We start to set up the mat and place it by the tree. I get the pillows that Victoria made us bring and place it on the mat as well along with the blanket.

We put a bit of food and drinks on the mat to snack on.

Alex and I sit on the mat with my head leaning on his chest and his arms around me.

"This is amazing, Thank you" he says as he kisses me.

"You're welcome, you deserve it" I say as we watch the distance "I love you"

"I love you more" he says as he kisses me again.

We eat and talk for a few hours.

After eating we just lay there and we both fall asleep in each other's arms.

Author's Note:

Word Count: 1008

Hope you liked it.