Chapter 25

Today we will be visiting the orphanage and I decided to go with black jeans and a beige sweater with black jeans and beige ankle boots alon with my black sling bag.

I continue to get ready until I heard a knock on the door.

I opened it to reveal Alex in a black suit

"Good morning" he says as we both kiss one another.

"Good morning" I say as I gesture for him to enter.

He enters and sits on the bed as I fix my make-up.

"I already notified them about keeping this visit a secret"

"What did they say?" I ask

"They agreed to keep it a secret so there is nothing to worry about" he says as I smile at him before replying "Thank you"

.....A Few Hours Later.....

We are already on our way to the orphanage with Victoria and Edward in the car ahead of us.

Before we left we decided to have breakfast first.

The car stops right in front of a building

"Ready?" Alex asks taking my hand

"Yes" I say as we both get down the car.

We follow Edward and Victoria inside the orphanage.

The children were surprised to see Alex, Victoria and Edward.

Alex and I were together while the same goes with Edward and Victoria.

We were talking to one of the managers of the orphanage when I felt some one tap my hand.

"Excuse me" I look down to see a little girl with long blonde hair wearing a pink dress.

I bent down to be the same level as her.

"Yes?"

"What's your name?"

"I am Amelia, you are?"

"My name is Ella"

"Well it is nice to meet you Ella" I say as I shake hands with her.

Before either of us can say anything else we get interrupted by another kid with black hair who looks abput the same age as Ella "Ella let's play with the dolls" she stops as she notices me.

"What's your name?" I ask her

"Grace" she says

"I am Amelia, nice to meet you Grace" I say as we both shake hands.

In a matter of a few minutes I was surrounded with most of the children already.

"Can you read us a story? Please" Ella says

"Please" all of them say

"Sure" I say as they all cheer, I look around while one child gives a book to me.

I sit on a chair at the front while the rest take a seat on the carpet.

I started telling the story as they listened very attentively.

-----Alex' POV-----

I watch as Amelia was reading the story to the children.

"Kindness, one of the qualities needed in a future queen" mother says as I look at her and she smiles "She's amazing with the people. I can imagine how much more she can do once she becomes princess"

We look back at Amelia telling the story "She brings out the best in everyone"

"Indeed, she does"

We continue to watch until she finishes the story and the kids surround her once more.

They start to talk about different things as I along with mother and father continued to watch them.

-----Amelia's POV-----

After a few hours in the orphanage we had to leave already.

The children were still around me with both Ella and Grace holding my hands.

We all make our way towards the exit of the building.

"Everyone say goodbye and thank you to Their Majesties and His Highness as well as Ms. Amelia"

A mixture of some saying 'goodbye' and some saying 'thank you' were heard by everyone.

When I looked at all of them they all had sadness in their eyes.

I knelt down to them "group hug?" They all smiled as they all hugged me which made me almost fall.

Alex, Edward and Victoria looked at us and smiled as I smiled back at them.

After some time we pulled apart.

"I got to go" I say as there were others who were arguing not wanting me to go back.

There were as well some pleas asking me to stay with them some more.

"I will come and visit you all again"

"Promise?" Ella says holding out her little finger.

"I promise" I say as I conncet my pinky with her's.

"One last hug" Grace says

"Alright, last one" I say as we all hug again, I pulled apart and stood up.

I walk over to one of the managers and thank them.

I walk over to Alex who is right beside Edward and Victoria.

The kids wave at me as I wave back at them while walking towards the car.

Victoria and Edward entered their car as Alex and I make our way towards his car.

I get in first followed by Alex right behind me.

I open the window to wave at them before the car starts to move and I close back the window.

I breath out a sigh at the thought of the children who were very kind.

Alex puts his arm around my shoulder as I lean on his chest.

"You were amazing"

"I couldn't have done it without you"

On our way back I fell asleep and was woken up by Alex when we arrived back at the palace.

-----Alex' POV-----

Amelia fell asleep five minutes ago and that's when I realized how tired she must have been.

Since she's been playing around with the children for hours.

I look at her sleeping figure and I can't help but smile.

She sleeps so peacefully like there is no harm in the world.

When we had to go I saw that look in her eyes that told me she didn't want to go yet.

And the way she looked at those children before leaving.

Mother and Father were very proud of her today as mother said she already acts like a princess.

I decided to surprise Amelia...

"Jason?"

"Yes, sir?"

"Clear my schedule for Thursday and inform the orphanage of my visit along with Amelia"

He nods as I think of spending the whole week with her.

Author's Note:

Word Count: 1029

Hello to my fellow readers and writers, I would like to promote a book "Debonair Accord" I hope you all check it out.

Here's the link if you are interested:
https://my.w.tt/qlJvewwqicb

Hope you liked it.