Chapter 47

.....The Next Day.....

I woke up with Alex running his fingers through my hair and it felt very relaxing. I wanted to sleep some more but I have things to do.

"Good morning" he says as I turn to face him and I lean my head on his chest before replying 'good morning'.

"I have an engagement to attend too later, do you wnat to come?" He asks

"I think I'll just stay and continue packing, we're about half way already anyways" I say as he nods and we remain in silence for a few minutes until Alex receives a call.

"I have to get ready" he says as I stretch and he gathers his things before entering the bathroom.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

I was just standing outside the balcony until I hear the door open alerting me of his presence and I feel his arms snake their way around my waist.

"What are you thinking about?" He whispers in my ear as we watch the city rise into another day.

"I'll miss this place" I say before he turns both of us around and we face each other.

"You can always visit. I only want you to be happy and if we have to go back here every few days then we will" he says before we both lean into a kiss.

"It's fine, I'm sure I'll adjust once we get there anyways, It just feels weird to leave the city I've lived in my whole life" I say as he nods until our moment gets disturbed by a knock on the door.

"I have to go, I'll see you later, how about we have dinner somewhere tonight?" He asks as I nod and he kisses me once more and whispers a quick 'I love you' before leaving.

.....A Few Hours Later.....

I was packing for the rest of the day until I realized I needed a few more boxxes for the rest of my stuff.

I texted Alex that I'll just be getting a few more boxxes in case he arrives home and I'm not yet back.

I grabbed my car keys and bag and left the appartment.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

I just reached the store and I grab my bag as I enter and I start looking for the boxes.

I took the boxes I needed and decided to look around the store for awhile.

While I was looking around I heard a familliar voice behind me.

"Didn't think I'd bump into you here" he says as I turn around.

"What do you want?" I say as I look at Andrew and he hasn't changed.

"Nothing, just shopping, you know, like you" he says walking a bit closer to me.

"Alright then" I say as I start to walk away from him until he grabs my arm causing me to stop.

"Let go of me" I say as I try to break free from his grip on my arm.

"I was hoping we could maybe have dinner some time" he says

"You're insane if you think I would even go out with someone like you" I say as I try to free myself once more and finally I got out of his strong grip and I start to head towards the exit to pay for the items I bought without taking a single glance at him.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

I reach my appartment without any further encounter with Andrew.

I enter and spot Alex seated on the couch while watching TV. He looks over to me before tuening off the TV and walking towards me.

He reaches me and kisses me before I walk towards the kitchen and he follows behind.

I open up the freezer to grab a pack of ice to treat my bruised arm until Alex notices.

"What happened!?!" He asks quickly walking over to me.

"I just bumped somewhere" I say as he grabs the ice packet form my hand and places it on my arm.

"You did not 'bump' somewhere Amelia, Tell me what happened!" He says with his voice raising after each word.

I sigh before replying "I saw Andrew in the store when I went to get more boxes and he wanted me to have dinner with him"

Before I get to say anything else he storms out of the kitchen and into the living room and brings out his phone from his pocket before calling someone.

"Jason, I want information on a man named Andrew" Alex says before he notices me behind him.

"What's his last name?" He asks keeping the phone away for a moment.

"Miller, Andrew Miller" I say as he nods

"Andrew Miller" he says before they talk for a few more seconds and Alex ends the call as turns back to me.

"Why do you need information about him?" I ask

"I want to see if there's anything about him these past few years and I also want to make sure he doesn't try anything with you" he says

"You think he's been following me?" I ask as he takes a breath before nodding

"I've been informed of a black SUV stopping by here a few times but not only here around your office as well and it's the exact same car" Alex says and I am left in shock with what he said. Does he know about the letters I've been receiving?

"Who informed you?" I ask and that's when he looks away from me.

"Alex, who informed you?" I ask once more as he turns back to me and sighs before speaking.

"Jason informed me during one of my visits to you here that someone seems to be following when we were out and it happened a few times so I asked two of my top security to watch you here in New York, incase anything happens. I told them to keep a low profile to make sure nobody knows"

"Since when?" I ask

"Since...a few months ago" he says

"You've been having me followed for months and you didn't think to tell me anything?!?" I ask as my voice gets louder by each word.

"I didn't want you to worry"

"Alex this is my life we're talking about you should've told me the moment Jason suspected something instead of having me followed without my knowledge about it" I say

"I know, I'm sorry I did not tell you, I promise I'll inform you first next time" he says as I nod and he pulls me closer before kissing me on my head as I close my eyes and he does the same.

Author's Note:

Word Count: 1113

Hope you liked it.