Chapter 20

After the call they both pushed me to the bathroom to get changed.

I took a shower and changed to Abigail's red knee length dress along with a matching black belt and black heels.

I am currently just sitting, waiting for both of them to finish my make up.

I have been sitting here for 30 minutes already! How long does it take to put on make-up?!?

A few more minutes and finally both of them announce that they are done.

"Finally, What year is it?"

"Cut the act, we didn't take that long" Sophia says

"Yeah if you consider putting make up for one hour quick" I say as she rolls her eyes "Where did Maddie go?"

"To finish up the look"

"What do you mean?"

Before she gets to reply Maddie comes back with a bag.

"What's in that bag?" I ask as I try to look at it.

"You'll see" Sophia says as she brings out a black shoulder bag and hands it to me.

Before I can say anything else she gets my jewellry and hands them over to me.

"Wear these all together" she says

"Who owns the bag?" I ask looling at them both.

"It's our little present" Maddie says

"For what?"

"Well we weren't able to get you anything when you started dating Alex and we knew you would need it at some point" she says

"Wait, when did you get this?"

"About the time we got back from Othilia" Maddie says

"Now enough interrogation and go finish the look, you have a few minutes left before he arrives, meaning we better get going soon" Sophia says

I nod as I place the jewellry and transfer my things to the new bag.

I turn to face them and they both looked shock like they were slapped on the face.

"Oh my- Wow" Maddie says

"Shut up, You look amazing" Sophia says

"Thank you, but I wouldn't look like this if you both didn't help me out"

"That is true though, anyways take a look" Sophia says as she brings me on front of the mirror.

I was shocked to see the woman standing and looking back at the mirror is me.

"I-"

"What? Do you not like it?" Maddie says

"No, I love it"

"Great, well we better get going now" Sophi says as she gathers her things "shall we get going now?"

"Yeah, let's go"

I walk them to the door as we all bid each other goodbye.

.....One Hour Later.....

I went on my phone while I waited for Alex to arrive.

I have no idea what he has planned out.

I received a message from him...

'Go down and find Jason outside' -A

I give him a quick reply and make my way downstairs.

I exit the building and spot Jason standing next to a black car.

"Good evening Amelia"

"Good evening as well Jason" I say as he opens the door to the car.

I get in to find the car empty.

Jason gets in and starts to turn on the engine.

"Jason where's Alex?"

"He is already waiting for you ma'am"

I nod as we drive towards the destination (wherever Alex planned it to be)

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

"Amelia, Amelia"

"Yes?"

"We're here ma'am"

"Oh right, Thank you"

I realize that I fell asleep along the way.

I went out of the car and spoted a boat along with lanterns and rose petals leading the way from where I was standing.

I follow the trail and stare at the boat but before I can enter Alex comes out in a black suit.

"You look exquisite. My love"

"Thank you"

"Shall we?" He says offering his hand to me so I can get in.

"We shall" I say as I take his hand.

We enter and there was a table for two prepared and the lanterns and rose petals surround the entire boat.

When we are both finally seated the boat starts to move on a slow and steady pace.

I hear music as well in the background as we both eat our meals.

.....One Hour Later.....

We just finished eating a few minutes ago and we started walking around.

While we are walking I spot blankets and pillows on the floor.

I look at Alex and he moves us towards the blankets and pillows as we both lay down in each other's arms.

We look up at the stars and for me this was a wonderful moment.

"I am going to miss this" Alex says

"Me too"

We continue to look up at the sky and I think of what our future would be.

.....The Next Day.....

We did our usual morning routine but Alex insisted to drop me off and pick me up in the office.

I am currently in my office when I get interrupted by a knock.

"Come in" I say as the door opens and Margaret enters.

She approaches my desk as she takes a seat across me.

"So when is he leaving?"

"Tomorrow"

"That's why your not attending work tomorrow"

"Did you just come here to ask about my realtionship?"

"No, or course not, I'm just here to inform you of a meeting"

"What time"

"About... now" Right after she says that I end up jumping from my seat and gathering the things I need.

"Shit, Where is the client?"

"Waiting for you in the lobby"

"Send him up please"

"Alright, Oh! And this is for him" she says as she hands me a jar of cookies.

Margaret makes one of the best cookies I have ever tasted and I am sure Alex would love them.

"Thank you"

"Amelia I said for him okay not you, There's a difference between him and you"

"Yes, yes I get it, Now get moving I have a meeting" I say while she exits my office.

Author's Note:

Word Count: 991

Hope you liked it.