Chapter 37

We all arrived to see both Edward and Victoria waiting for us.

Alex and I greet them as I hug both Victoria and Edward.

"It's good to see you" Edward says

"Yes, I thought you both would split after I heard about the incident, thankfully that did not happen and you are here to celebrate New Year with us" Victoria says

"I thought the same as well but luckily that did not happen and I get to see you both again" I say as Alex holds my hand and smiles at me as Edward and Victoria agree.

My parents along with Abby and Aaron greet both Edward and Victoria with curtsys and bows.

"Please, there's no need for that, we'll all be family soon and before we know it there will be little footsteps walking around the castle" Victoria says which causes Alex and I to blush as they all laugh at us.

We all enter the palace and walk over to one of the sitting rooms.

"All your stuff will be brought to your respective rooms" Victoria says as we all take a seat "Well how about we do a little introduction? To familiarize ourselves with each other"

Everyone agress to do so but since both sides know Alex and I we won't have to introduce ourselves.

They just have to say their name and they can say either their job or something that person likes to do.

Abby decided to go first "I am Abigail and I am a Lawyer"

"I'll go next" We look at the direction of the voice and surprisingly it's Aaron "I am Aaron, Abigail's boyfriend and I am a Lawyer as well"

Everyone introduces themselves with each other until everyone finished.

"Sorry to interrupt. I just need to inform Her Majesty of a certain matter" We look at the door to reveal Liam as he walks over to Victoria and they speak quietly while the rest go back to the conversation before the interruption.

"It seems that lunch is already prepared in the terrace, shall we?" Victoria asks as everyone nods and we all get up.

We walk through the endless hallways until we reach the terrace.

Edward sits at the end of the table with Victoria at his right. Beside Victoria is Alex then me. The other end of the table is where my dad is seated and at his right is mom. Beside mom is Abby then Aaron and back to Edward.

We all eat our meal with a bit of coversation here and there.

So far everything is going smoothly and both sides are good with each other

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

We are having a walk around the gardens with both parents walking ahead of us.

Alex and I remain behind with Abby and Aaron who are behind us.

"You have a wonderful garden" Abby says as she continues to look around

"Thank you, mother tends a lot to the garden she'd be glad to hear about your compliment" Alex says

We walk for a few minutes until both Victoria and Edward stop as we all hear Liam calling them..

"Your Majesties! Your Majesties!"

We all turn to Liam who looks out of breath after running after us.

"Your Majesties, you have a meeting with the prime minister" Liam says as Edward checks the time before speaking "Yes, we'll be there shortly" Liam bows with a nod and leaves.

"We're sorry to cut this short but we have a meeting to attend to"Victoria says as she looks at my parents

"Oh it's no problem, we'll be fine" Mom says

"Feel free to go around and if you need anything you may ask anyone" Victoria says with her dazzling smile.

"Alex, I trust you can take care of them first?" Edward asks as he looks at Alex and I

"Yes, father" Alex says as Edward nods and offers his arm to Victoria as she holds and they both walk back inside.

"How about we all take a rest?" I ask as everyone agrees.

Alex and I lead the way to their rooms.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

Everyone is in their rooms already as Alex and I walk into his room.

I will be staying in his room with him this time since Alex didn't want me to be in a guest room. His excuse is that someday we'll be married so why not share a room already.

We enter the room and I spot my luggages already here.

"I cleared some space in the closet for your things" Alex says as he brings my bags to the closet.

"Thank you" I say as I start to transfer my things.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

After I transfer my thing I spot Alex laying on the bed with his phone. I take a seat on the bed and cuddle close to him before speaking.

"Do we have any plans tomorrow?"

"No, why?" He asks as he looks up from his phone.

"I want to go shopping for the children in the orphanage since it's Christmas" I say as I look up at him.

"We could do that and then visit them after" he says

.....One Hour Later.....

It seems I fell asleep and same goes with Alex who is still sleeping.

I get up from the bed quietly to not wake Alex. I decided to check on my parents, Abby and Aaron.

I walk over to my parents room. I knock on the door and I hear the faint sount of 'come in'

I enter to spot mom with clothes displayed on the bed.

"Amelia, dear, which one looks better?" She asks lifting two different outfits.

"For what?" I ask as I gesture to the one at her left.

"Victoria and I will be having tea later" she says as I nod

"Where's Dad?" I ask her

"He's taking a shower because he and Edward will be showing him the palace horses later while Victoria and I have tea at the garden" she says as I nod.

We talk for a few minutes before I decide to check on Abby and Aaron.

I knock and wait for a 'come in' which comes and I enter.

"Lia, will it be fine if Aaron and I explore the kingdom?"

"Yes, of course, you may do as you wish" I say "what time will you be going so a car can be prepared for you?"

"In an hour, and we will be the one to drive if that's not a problem"

"Alright, I'll inform them to prepare you guys a car" I say as I leave the room to find David.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

"Ma'am are you lost?" A voice says as I turn to reveal David.

"Oh no David, I was actually looking for you, my sister and her boyfriend need a car to go explore the kingdom"

"I will have one prepared, is that all?" David asks

"Yes, Thank you" I say as he nods and he leaves as I walk back towards Alex' room as I think of my life.

Being the girlfriend of a prince is something I never expected in life. But it taught me to be prepared for the unexpected.

Author's Note:

Word Count: 1212

Hope you liked it.