Chapter 22

.....A Few Weeks Later.....

It has been a few weeks since Alex went back to Othilia.

We call each other everynight and usually call until I fall asleep then Alex would end the call.

"Love?, love?, Amelia?" Alex says bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I say completely clueless of what he's been saying.

"You zoned out" he says with concern written on his face "Is everything alright?"

"Yes... Just been thinking"

"About what?"

"It's not important"

Before he gets to reply an on coming call appears on my phone and it's Ethan.

"I have to go I will call you back later, My boss is calling me"

"Alright, I love you"

"I love you too"

We hang up and I answer Ethan's call.

"Hello"

"Amelia, I need you to go to Othilia on October 10-16, Are you vacant?"

"Uhmm...yes"

"Great, I will give you the details tomorrow"

"Oh, by the way you're not allowed to tell anyone, not even where you're going"

"Why?"

"The client requested that this will be kept a secret as much as possible. The less people know, the better"

"May I know who the client is?"

"You will find out tomorrow"

"Okay"

"Alright, I better get going, bye"

"Bye" he says as he ends the call

I wonder who this mystery client is and what's worse is I can't tell anyone where I am going.

I continue to think about it some more until a thought comes to me and I gasp.

What if they plan on killing me? Then decide to leave me in Othilia without anyone knowing.

No they wouldn't do that...right?

.....The Next Day.....

I get ready and make my way to work.

The whole night I kept on thinking about the mystery client.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

I arrive and get out of my car.

Margaret is already waiting for me outside the building.

"Amelia, did you hear about your new client?"

"Yes, Ethan informed me"

"Who is it?"

"I don't know as well" I say while a notification stops our conversation.

She grabs her phone and reads the message before turning back to me.

"Well then we better hurry because it seems Mr. Carson is already caling you to his office"

"Let me just drop my things off"

"Nonsense I will do it, you go and see who the client is"

"Are you sure?" I ask her as she nods her head

"Yes, now get going" she says as she gets my things and we both go our seperate ways.

I knock on the door while I wait for a reply.

I heard a 'come in' as I open the door.

Ethan is seated on the couch along with a woman.

"Ah! Amelia meet our new client" he says with a huge grin on his face.

The woman turns around and I am left in shock.

I pull out of my senses as I curtsy "Your Majesty" I say.

In front of me currently is Victoria the mother of Alex and Queen of Othilia.

Wait! Didn't Ethan say new client?

"Amelia it is good to see you again"

"Likewise, your majesty"

"I told you there is no need for that" she says as she hugs me and we all take a seat.

"I came here to discuss some things"

"What things?"

"Alex will be celebrating his birthday on October 15 and I am sure Alex would want you there, I thought of inviting you over to Othilia"

"I'd love to go but I have work on that day"

"That is why I asked Mr. Carson here if he can give you a break for a week"

I look at Ethan and he nods his head with a smile.

"So are you coming?" Victoria asks

"I'd love to"

"Excellent! We must keep this a secret from Alex until you arrive" she says

"Alright"

"I will send you the details. Only you, Edward, Mr. Carson and myself know about this" she says with a warm smile on her face "I better get going now Alex might notice I am not there"

"Well it was good to see you" I say

"Indeed, it was, I will see you on the 10th since you will be in Othilia until the 16th"

I nod as we both hug each other and she gathers her things and turns to Ethan.

"Thank you so much Mr. Carson, my son would be very much delighted for allowing Amelia a week off work"

"It is my honor after all Amelia is a very hard worker" he says smiling at me

They both shake their hands as Victoria turns to me once more "Take care"

"You as well, and have a safe journey"

"Thank you dear" she says and with that she leaves me and Ethan in the office.

"Since when were you involved with the prince?"

"A few weeks ago"

"And you didn't bother to tell your own friend, I am just...Wow, offended" he says as he sits back down on the couch

"Stop the acting, I haven't even told my family yet" I say as I take a seat as well

"You didn't?" He asks questioningly

"Nope, only Abby knows" that is when I realize I should tell my parents soon. Wouldn't want them learning from the papparazzi.

"Well good luck with that"

I might actually really need that good luck the more I think about it.

"I am off, I still have things to do" I say getting up as he does the same before he speaks again.

"Are you trying to say I don't do anything?"

"Maybe" I say as I exit his office and make my way towards mine.

The moment I get to my floor Margaret rushes over to me and in the process almost bumped into several people one of them even holding a cup of coffee and spilling it on his hand due to Margaret rushing.

"You need to slow down" I tell her as she catches her breath

"Who's the client?"

"Not here, meet me at the cafe across the street later.

"Alright, you better not be late"

She says as I continue to walk to my office to actually start working.

Author's Note:

Word Count: 1041

Hope you liked it.