Chapter 35

.....The Next Day.....

It is already Christmas Morning and yesterday's Christmas Eve dinner was amazing.

I am getting ready for the day. We have our yearly Christmas Picture.

Today I decided to wear a red sweater with a black and white pattern skirt and knee length black boots.

I exit the bathroom to see Alex still sleeping peacefully even if I woke him up earlier before getting ready.

"Alex, wake up" I say as I tap him lightly on the shoulder.

"I am up, my eyes are just close"

"Eyes close? with snoring? Last time I checked that was considered sleeping"

"Well I wasn't sleeping"

"Start getting ready, we have christmas picture taking" I say as he starts to get up and walk to the bathroom.

"I'll be down" I say as I grab my phone.

I go down to spot mom and dad in the kitchen.

Mom is wearing a long sleeve marron dress with black heels while dad is wearing a maroon dress shirt with black pants.

"Merry Christmas" I say

"Merry Christmas" Mom says as she hugs me.

"Merry Christmas, Princess" Dad says before he hugs me as well.

"Where's Alex?" Mom asks as I sit down beside dad.

"He's still getting ready" I say as they nod and I start drinking a cup of coffee.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

Alex comes down dressed in a red and black checkered sport shirt with black jeans.

"Good morning, Merry Christmas"

"Merry Christmas" both mom and dad say with a smile.

I turn to look at Alex as he approaches me "Merry Christmas" I say

"Merry Christmas" he says "I have something for you, it's upstairs"

"Mom, Dad may we be excused" I say as  they both nod.

"Be back down in awhile for the picture taking" Dad says as Alex and I nod before we go up to the room.

We enter and Alex gets something in his bag for a few seconds.

After he gets the item he hands it over to me.

He hands me a black box which is pretty light.

"What is it?" I ask

"Open it" he says with a smile.

I open it and I gasp at the gift.

It's a silver necklace with a diamond at the center and a matching pair of earrings.

"I can't accept this" I say as I come back to my senses "It's too much"

"No, I am not getting it back"

"Alex, it's too expensive"

"Too late, I already bought it" he says with a smirk "Are we going to argue about this on our first Christmas together? Or are you just going to accept it, besides you have no choice"

"Fine, but next time I don't want anything expensive. Just spending the holidays with you makes me happy already" I say as I kiss him and place the gift on the bed.

"Now, time for your gift" I say as I grab the gift from my night table.

I hand it over to him and he looks curiously at it.

He opens it to reveal a heart shaped collage with our different pictures on it.

"You made this?" He asks as I nod.

"Thank you" he says before kissing me.

"You're Welcome" I say after we pull apart and he looks at the different pictures.

It is very hard to give a gift to a prince since he can get anything.

"Wait how did you get this picture? We took this picture through my phone and you haven't used my phone" He asks pointing to the picture of us in one of the restaurants we went to.

"That's easy. I asked Will to open your phone and get the picture" I say as his eyes widen.

"When was that?"

"I don't know, maybe a month ago"

"I need to change my phone password" he says

"Yup" I say as I grab my gift and place it in my bag for safe keeping.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

We went down already after we kept our gifts to each other.

Abby and Aaron were both seated in the living room.

Abby is wearing a red blouse with black jeans and black heels while Aaron is wearing a red polo shirt with black jeans as well.

Abby notices Alex and I as she stands up and greets us both and same goes with Aaron.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

"Alright everyone gather by the couch" Mom says coming out of the kitchen with Dad right behind her.

We all position ourselves for the picture

Mom and Dad are seated on the couch then Abby and I stand at the back of the couch with Aaron's arm wrapped around Abby's waist and Alex' arm wrapped around my waist.

We all smile for the camera taking a few different shots and then we were done with picture taking.

We all take a seat and start to open gifts

"Oh! Alex you didn't have to get us anything" Mom says as Alex gave both mom and dad a gift.

"Please, I wanted too" he says as he sits back beside me.

Mom opens her present from Alex and gasps at it before completely removing the wrapper.

"Oh my, how did oyu know?" She asks looking at Alex

"Amelia told me you were a fan" Alex says smiling as he looks at me.

It was a signed recipe book of one of her favorite chefs.

Dad received a complete tool set which he was very happy about.

Everyone was very happy with everything they received and it was a sucessful Christmas celebration.

Alex and I talked earlier about bringing my family to Othilia to meet his parents and I agreed with the plan.

"Mom, Dad, Alex and I were thinking if you guys along with Abby and Aaron could come with us to Othilia for New Year so you can meet his parents?"

"Are you sure, dear?" Mom asks

"Yes" I say as Alex nods.

"Well?" Mom says looking at Dad

"I'm fine with that" Dad says with a smile on his face.

"Us too" Abby says while holding Aaron's hand.

"Then it's settled. We all will be going to Othilia next week for New Year" I say with a smile as I look at Alex who is smiling back at me.

We all planned for the rest of the day about various things.

Author's Note:

Word Count: 1074

Happy New Year!

Hope you liked it.