Chapter 07 | Meeting Him

~Still Y/n's P.O.V.~

Wait a minute......

Do this mean that Noah's friend, Jack, and the guy that I kind of became friends with who is also named, Jack, is the same person? I mean, it somewhat makes sense, right? I'm not insane or anything, I always think logically so this can't be false. My gut feeling is even telling me, I am right.

-TimeSkip, a few hours, still Y/n's P.O.V.-

I was laying in my bed, staring up at the ceiling blankly. Even though I was 98% sure my assumptions were correct, I still wanted undeniable proof of it. I came up with a small plan, it was to tip-toe to Noah's room and try to catch his friend, Jack, off-guard. Not in a bad way, I just want to find out if he can make himself visible to others and this could possibly be the only way to do so. I mentally prepared myself for anything to happen, good and bad scenarios rushed through my mind constantly. I focused only on the good scenarios and tried my best to push out the bad ones from my head. I got up and walked to my bedroom door, I pushed it open gently and tiptoed to Noah's room. I pushed the door open extremely lightly, making sure I made absolutely no noise. I realized that my presence had gone unnoticed and I looked around, I saw Noah sleeping peacefully on his bed. That wasn't the only thing I saw though, in the velvet chair that was in the corner of his bedroom, sat a unknown man. The man fit Noah's description of his friend, Jack, perfectly. I instantly knew that this was his once imaginary friend, now real friend, Jack. I slowly walked up to Jack and tapped his shoulder lightly. Then, I rubbed his shoulder gently. This woke him up almost immediately, he grabbed my wrist tightly.
'That is for sure gonna leave a bruise." I thought to myself and chuckled quietly at my thought.

"J-Jack." I said, almost in a whisper. He still heard it and his face held a confused and somewhat surprised expression.

"You are that guy that came over last night, right?" I asked, holding eye contact with him.

"Yes, Y/n. How did you find out? I thought I was pretty good at hiding my secrets from you humans, I guess not." Jack's voice was not only deep but extremely deep with a strong rasp paired with it. He chuckled darkly right after he said, 'I guess not.' I noticed that he tore his eyes from mine and instead focused his eyes at my stomach. He scowled and looked away. He then said,

"You know, you made me very upset, Y/n. You wanna get informed on how you did?" He arches one of his eyebrows and once again made eye contact with me. I nodded my head as 'Yes, Jack.' He smirked and sighed,

"Well, I was just about to get rid of my dear playmate right after my short nap but you made that practically impossible now, Y/n." I slightly widened my eyes but then returned them to their original size. I then asked him a few questions,

"By playmate, do you mean, Noah?" Jack nodded his head still smirking.
"What did you mean by 'getting rid of ' him? Killing him? Or moving on? Or both?" He smirked even more if that was even possible.
"Both, darling. You sure are smart for your young age, Y/n. I will give you that." He let go off my now sore and bruised wrist.

I picked Noah up and carried him to my bedroom since I definitely do not trust him with Jack whatsoever now. I laid Noah down gently and climbed in as well, I made him cuddle into my chest while I securely and protectively wrapped my arms around his tiny frame. I heard Jack's sinister laugh echo loudly and then he just.......disappeared.

My eye lids started to feel heavier and heavier until I finally obeyed them and closed my eyes, falling into deep slumber. I then arrived into the exact same place I was in last night. The exact same events that happened here last night also happened now until.....I turned around when he was right behind me.