Chapter 04 | First sighting

ఌ 𝐼 𝑎𝑚 𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐼 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑔𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑎𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑒, 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑛 𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠! 𝐵𝑢𝑡, 𝑖'𝑚 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡'𝑠 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑚𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠! ♥︎
☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎

7 : 05 𝘼𝙈, Y/n's P.O.V.
I woke up extra early to make Noah his favorite food, like I promised. Chocolate chip pancakes that are drowned in syrup is his absolite favorite breakfast food. I did my morning routine and walked to the kitchen only to find my older brother, Jay.
"Hey sis, did you sleep okay?"
"Yeah, I slept fine, how about you?"
"I could have slept better to be honest, if it wasn't for the feeling of being watched last night."
He stated, turning around to face towards me, I furrowed my brows in confusion.
"Feeling of being watched? What do you mean, Jay?"
"Yeah, like my sixth sense kept giving me a feeling that I was being watched all night long. I really hated it to be honest, it freaked me out."
I nodded my head in understanding, walking to him and rubbing his back.
"Anyway, enough with the creepy stuff! Let's make our precious Noah some breakfast!"
"No, Y/n. I will make you and Noah breakfast, you need to sit, standing for a long period of time while you are pregnant is not good and you know that. You aren't dumb, Y/n." Jay stated, his eyebrows furrowed.
"I know, I know. I appreciate your concern, Jay. I really do." Just as I finished my sentence, Noah comes sprinting into the kitchen.
"Hey guys! Good Morning to you both!"
Noah exclaimed as he climbed onto the stool placed beside the island in the middle of the kitchen.
I chuckled, and said,
"Good morning to you as well, sleepyhead."
Noah playfully pouted,
"Hey little bro, good Morning to you too."
Jay said, just as he slid the pancakes onto a plate and placed it in front of Noah.
"Yay!!" He shouted, as he completely drowned the chocolate chip pancakes in maple syrup.

~ Time Skip, 1 : 28 PM, Narrator's P.O.V.

Y/n had just exited her temporary work-place. She was peacefully walking back home, as her
temporary job was only a few minutes away from her house. Since her parents lived a few houses away from hers, she decided to visit them for a couple of minutes. As she was walking there, she spotted a very tall man, he was wearing only monochrome colors. The man's attire was very strange compared to others of the town. She couldn't see his face but something made her feel like she didn't even want to see his face. She noted whatever bad gut feeling she had in her system and slightly picked her walking pace up to get away from the strange man. It wasn't her being judgmental, she was just being safe, Y/n always trusted her gut feeling as it was 9/10 correct. She silently prayed that the man didn't acknowledge her at all which thankfully he didn't, or so she thought.

~ At Y/n's parents house, Y/n's P.O.V.

I gently knocked onto my parents front door, waiting for either of them to open it. I noticed that my father was first to reach the door.

"Hey, honey! Y/n's here!!" He exclaimed, towards my mother. I then see her rubbed down the stairs and embracing me in her tight, loving hug.
"Hey, mom. I missed you too."
"How have you and your brothers been, baby?"
She asked, still tightly hugging me. My dad just chuckled and closed the door behind us.
"We-we've been g-good, mom, you a-are squeezing me a-a bit to t-tight, don't y-you think?" I consistently stuttered, due to her tight embrace.
"Oh sorry, honey." She immediately let me go and lead me to the couch in the middle of the living room.
"Anyway, Y/n. Your mother and I heard what you saw the night before last. We are so sorry that you had to see something as horrid as that." My dad stated, him and my mother had sympathetic expression painted on their faces.
"Nahh, it's fine. Sure, it was somewhat traumatic but the worst part was that the victims were just little kids. I can't imagine something like that happening to Noah."
As soon as I said that, I immediately regretted it as I saw their expressions change from sympathy to very sad.
"Oh my god, I am so sorry to put that kind of thought inside your heads." I slightly shouted, feeling sorry.
"No no, Y/n. Don't apologize, it's okay." My father states, my mother nodding her head in agreement. I sighed in relief since I knew I didn't upset my parents. They were both awesome parents, never abused me or anything like that, sure they were sometimes very strict but it was only because they wanted good for me.
"Anyway, I came by to visit for a few minutes, I better get back to my house to check on Noah and Jay. Bye, Mom. Bye, dad."
I got up from the couch and hugged them both, they both kissed me on my cheeks and walked me to the door, we bid our good byes and I left to go my house.
I then thought, I should text Kimberly.
________________________________
Kɪᴍʙᴇʀʟʏ Y/ɴ

𝙃𝙚𝙮, 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙔/𝙣.
𝙊𝙝 𝙝𝙚𝙮, 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪
𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣?
𝙄'𝙫𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙, 𝙝𝙗𝙪???
𝙄'𝙫𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙖𝙨 𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡,
𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙧𝙚𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧?
𝙔𝙚𝙨, 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚??
𝙃𝙢, 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 4-5 𝙋𝙈?
𝙎𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙, 4:30 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙣!
𝙊𝙠, 𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩, 𝙘𝙮𝙖 𝙔/𝙣!
𝘾𝙮𝙖, 𝙆𝙞𝙢!
________________________________
I turned my phone off and stuffed it in my pocket, I reached my front door and opened it.

"I'm home!"
I then hear running footsteps, to only see Noah's tiny figure running to me, smiling.
He jumped into my arms and kissed all over my face. I giggled and sat him back down and then Jay embraced me and then let me go after a few seconds.
"Hey Noah. Why don't you tell Y/n about your new friend?"
"Oh yeah! I have a new friend, his name is Jack!"
"Oh really! You have so many friends! At school, and now you have supernatural friends too! I envy you!"
I say, ruffling his hair.
"Jack is in this room right now, Taylor is in my room. He said he doesn't like Jack, I don't understand why! Jack is such good and fun company!"
I smile warmly, nodding at him.
"I bet Jack is, I tell you what! I'll leave you and Jack to play together while I go and prepare lunch! Sound good?"
I asked him, he eagerly nodded his head and grabbed onto what I think is Jack's hand, I say 'think' because Noah didn't visibly grab anything.

~Time Skip, 2:37 PM, still Y/n's P.O.V.

Everyone had already ate lunch and I witnessed something so adorable and sweet. Noah asked me to make 2 extra plates, I didn't question him and I made the 2 extra plates. He then slid one plate to his right and one plate to his left, saying they were for Jack and Taylor. What was fascinating was that I noticed that on both plates made for Noah's friends, the food on the plates slowly started to disappear, indicating someone was eating it. Instead of being freaked out, I smiled in amazement.
At first I asked if Noah was the one who was eating the extra food but he swore he never even touched any of the food except the food I specifically gave to him. Noah never lies to me so I of course believed and I said,
"Well since it really does seem like you have supernatural friends, can I meet them one day? I really want to!"
I asked curiously and in excitement.
Noah being the sweet and happy boy he is, nodded his head and said "Of course, all though, it's their decision not mine."
I nodded my head in understanding.
"So, while Jay is gone out for a few hours, you wanna watch some Netflix?"
"Duhhh, Y/n."
"Well, let's go! Bring your lovely friends, Taylor and Jack with you as well!"
"I will!"

~Time Skip, after 1 movie, still Y/n's P.O.V.

Noah was dead asleep while I was still wide awake. A few minutes ago I had received a text from Jay saying "I will be home soon." I felt like I was being watched so I went to the kitchen to grab some snacks and soda to distract myself, I grabbed a kitchen knife just to be safe. I sat back down onto the couch and grabbed a soft blanket and wrapped it around Noah and placed him on my lap as I resumed the movie that was currently on, by this time it was already 3:45 PM meaning in a little less of an hour, I would meet up with Kim. I heard the front door open so I turned my head around and saw Jay, he smiled and came over to me, kissed me on my cheek. In return, I smiled at him as well and kissed him on his forehead. He smiled even wider and then he glanced at my lap, seeing Noah curled up in a ball.

"Why don't you get ready to go and meet up with Kimberly? I will watch over Noah instead."
"Are you sure, Jay?"
"Yes, I'm 100% sure, darling."
I smiled, Jay has always given me nicknames like this, ever since I was a little baby. I personally think it's very sweet of him to do so.
Our parents did a great job raising him, he is such a fantastic young man, he respects women, treats me, his girlfriend, and mom like queens, and treats Noah and dad like kings. He was even sweeter to me when he found out what my ex, Mark, did to me. I sighed while smiling and handed him Noah. Jay rubbed my stomach saying things like,
"I know my niece will be absolutely gorgeous, I just know it. Especially if she looks and acts like her mother."
I smiled and went to go and get ready.
________________________________
꧁ Tᴏ ʙᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇᴅ ꧂

𒊹︎ Word Count - 1,740 𒊹︎
✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎

☁︎︎ 𝕀 𝕃𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕐𝕠𝕦. ☁︎︎
♡︎♥︎♡︎♥︎♡︎♥︎♡︎♥︎♡︎♥︎♡︎♥︎♡︎♥︎♡︎♥︎♡︎♥︎♡︎♥︎♡︎♥︎♡︎♥︎♡︎♥︎