Chapter 13 | Confession

(Where you left of in Chapter 12, still Y/n's P.O.V.)

Jack was in his actual form, he wasn't in his human form like the last time I saw him. I'm guessing he made himself only visible to me since neither Jay or Noah noticed his presence at all. Jack looked at me and stormed into my bedroom. I know this behavior is very odd when it comes to Jack so I followed him up to my bedroom.

When I reached my room, I saw Jack looking out my window. It was around 11 PM right now so it was obviously pitch black outside besides the full moon and bright stars in the night sky that lighted the earth up in a beautiful shadows everywhere. I then focused my attention to Jack, his head was titled up slightly so he can also see the moon and stars. He shifted his eyes to me, I gulped. Let's just say he looked completely ethereal.

He was still sweating and breathing heavily. The moonlight created shadows and highlights to the side of Jack's face which made his already attractive features even more attractive if that was even possible. I blushed heavily.

I decided to avert my eyes to his stomach, I saw a huge gash with thick black liquid gushing out of it, my eyes widened.

"W-What happened to you?"
He looked to where I was looking and shrugged.

"Rosabella did this to me." He chuckled, I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Why did she hurt you, Jack?" He looked up at me and stepped a few steps closer to me.

"Why do you care about what happens to me?" His eyelids lowered in a seductive way.

"B-Becuase you're my best friend. Best friends are supposed to care for each other." His facial expression then turned sour.

"That isn't true. Best friends abandon and forget one another eventually." His voice sounded hateful and angry. As if he was remembering something that wasn't a good memory for him.

"Do you still like Rosabella?" He shut his eyes tightly and shook his head no.

"No, I don't still like her. Do you want to know what happened, Y/n?" I nodded me head and he sat on my bead and patted the spot next to him. The moonlight still grazed his face, still enhancing his features. I sat beside him and made eye contact with him.

(Flashback, Jack's P.O.V)

I was talking with Rosabella, she would sometimes hold hands with me or try to kiss my lips. I like her but for some reason, it just didn't feel right nor did it feel......good, idk. I wasn't going to give my first kiss to her especially after how our first official encounter went. If we did date, I would of course eventually give her my first kiss. But every time we hugged, held hands, or cuddled. I didn't feel like I felt when I was with Y/n.

Y/n made me feel understood, at home, and comfortable, but Rosabella at first thought I was a ugly monster. She screamed and ran from me just like everyone did besides children and...........Y/n. I just now realized that Y/n didn't run from me at our first encounter, she instead talked to me and then grabbed Noah to keep him safe.

When Me and Rosabella first met, she continuously told Y/n to get away from me but Y/n defended me!

Anyway, it is 10:53 pm now. I changed out of my human form and went into my real form. But as I did that, Rosabella saw me do it. Her jaw dropped and she threw a vase at my stomach, she tried to throw it at my head but I'm about 20 ft tall in my real form so that vase didn't even come close to my head at all.

The vase made a deep gash in my stomach but I didn't even feel it. She tried to take a swing at my leg but I pushed her away from me. I didn't push her to hard but hard enough to make her fall on her bed. I shoved one of my sleeping pill candies into her mouth and she instantly fell asleep.
I then walked to Y/n's house.