020

April 20th, 2020

Nicole awoke to sunlight spilling through her blinds. She stretched and rolled on her back. She then proceeded to stare at the ceiling for 20 minutes before finally getting out of bed.

She had streamed everyday for the past four days and decided that today would be a self care day. 

She tweeted out that she wouldn't be very active on her socials before grabbing her mask and leaving her house. 

Driving to her local Target, she blasted Hayloft by Mother Mother, screaming every word at the top of her lungs. 

Pulling into the parking lot, Nicole put on her mask and climbed out of her car. She hurried into the store as it started to rain. She walked over to the beauty isle and grabbed 2 face masks; one charcoal and the other cucumber. Then, she ventured to the snack isle. 

She grabbed 2 large bags of veggie straws and a pack of Capri suns. 

Walking to the check out, she felt her phone buzz in her pocket. She pulled it out to see that she had 4 missed calls from Alex and 1 from Tubbo. 

She called Tubbo first, seeing that he was a child and Alex can take care of himself. 

"Hey!" He said as he answered the phone. 

"Hi! You called me, just wanted to make sure everything was okay." She said. 

"Oh my god, you sound like my mum." He chuckled. 

She laughed as the boy continued. 

"I'm just curious, how educated are you on doctor stuff?" He asked. 

"I would say I'm okay at it. Why? What's up?" 

"Well, my tongue hurts really bad, but it's only in one spot." He said, his words coming out kinda slurred as if he had stuck his tongue out. 

She laughed. "Tub, that's called a swollen taste bud." 

"Oh. Well how do I get rid of it?" 

"Try gargling salt water and sucking on an ice cube." 

"Okay! Thank you! Bye." He said before hanging up. 

Nicole let out a low laugh and sighed, before paying for her items and leaving. 

When she got in the car, she clicked on Alex's contact and put him on speaker.

"Hola Chica!" He yelled. 

"Do you need something Mr. Duck?" She asked, looking behind her as she pulled out of her parking spot. 

"Nope! I'm just bored. Tubbo called me by the way. He asked how to make his mouth stop attacking him." 

"Oh my god, what did you tell him?" She asked in response. 

"I told him to cut it off!" He replied laughing. 

"Alex! NO!" She scolded him. 

"Has anyone ever told you that you act like a mother?" 

"I'm hanging up on you now." She said, clicking the end call button. 

"Self care." She whispered to herself. 

_

When Nicole got home, she immediately changed back into her pajamas and put on a face mask. She went back into her room with her veggie straws, capri suns, and a few other snacks that she found in her kitchen. Pulling up Netflix on her TV, she selected a movie called 'A Walk To Remember' and relaxed. 

What Nicole did not expect, was that she would end up crying over a sad love story. 

___________________________________________

A/N: filler chapter while i work on something else ;) 

also, i hope sarah is asleep when i post this. that is all.