049

hi so before we start this i just wanted to say a few things lol.

this got taken down 4 some reason

1) thank you for all the support lately. im genuinely so thankful for u all.

2) tf is up with all ur weird ass reading list names? where do you come up with that.
like "i hope this author isnt dead, lol that would suck." and "ejaculation 2.0) IM WORRIED FOR YOU GUYS.

okay last, this chapter might be a little confusing, but i will explain at the end incase you didnt really get it.

okay bye ! dont be a silent reader. :) <3

--------------

After a long day of walking around and buying things they didn't need, George and Nicole made their way back.

As soon as they stepped through the door, George dropped all of his bags on the couch and went up to his room.

Nicole had assumed he was taking a nap, considering this was probably the most walking he had done since high school, and decided not to bother him.

Instead, she grabbed the bags that George had dropped, and quietly transfered them to the kitchen counter.

With Clay still being at Wilburs house and George sleeping upstairs, she didn't really know what to do with herself.

So, she had also made her way upstairs, falling into the bed she shared with Clay, and slowly fell asleep.

***

Nicole woke up in a strange place. A place that she hadn't seen since senior year. She sat up and studied her surroundings. Trees, a small stream, and flowers.

"What the hell.." she whispered to herself.

"You're here!" A voice called from above. Nicole looked up to see a familiar treehouse that she had built with her former best friend.

"Come up here! I have things to do!" The voice spoke again, yet this time it was louder.

Nicole very carefully climbed up the ladder and stared in shock.

"What? Don't tell me you forgot about me already." Standing in front of Nicole was Maya. She looked real, just like she did before she died.

"How- what?" Nicole was speechless. "I'm dreaming. This isn't real. You- You're dead!"

"Ouch, no need to remind me." The younger girl laughed.

Nicole wanted to cry. She wanted to reach out and feel her bestfriend. She wanted to hug her.

"Then hug me." Maya said, holding out her arms.

"How..?" Nicoles eyes widened.

"This is your mind, I know everything that you want me to know."

Nicole stepped forward and lifted her hand to Mayas shoulder, placing it there and smiling.

"Please for the love of God Nicole, just fucking hug me."

Thats all it took. Nicole threw herself at Maya and burst into tears. Maya gently stroked the older girls hair and smiled.

"Remember Nicole, this is a dream. Don't get yourself all wound up over it."

Nicole pulled away gently, examining the others face.

"I miss you so much."

"I'm always here, Nicky." There it was. The nickname Nicole had always told Maya not to use.

Although, she did end up taking a liking to the name.

"So, tell me about your life now." Maya said, taking a seat on the floor, pulling Nicole down with her.

"Well, I'm going to college." She started, instantly being interrupted.

"What? Thats great! I'm so proud of you!"

Nicole chuckled. "Yeah, I live in Florida now, so thats really cool. I live with Dream- do you remember Dream?"

"Yeah, go on."

"Okay, well I live with him. He has a cat named Patches. Oh, you would love her Maya. Well, would have. Shes so sweet."

Maya nodded sadly, in a way to show that she understood.

"Why of all times am I dreaming of you right now?" Nicole asked.

"Well, if I had to guess, I would say its because you're doing things with other people that you would usually do with me." Maya said, laying back onto the treehouse floor.

Nicole did the same. "What do you mean?"

"Remember when my boyfriend in highschool broke up with me and you thought going on a trip would help get my mind off of it?" Maya asked, and Nicole nodded. "Well, now your on a trip with Dream. And the time you and I walked around New York buying anything that we thought looked cool? You did that with George."

"I'm sorry, Maya." Nicole frowned.

Maya shook her head. "Don't be! This is good! You're moving on from me. You aren't upset anymore and you found a new happiness."

"I'm not moving on from you-"

"You are. And thats okay. You can't be stuck on me forever. It's like I'm watching you grow up." The younger girl reached out for Nicoles hand.

"Its not fair. We used to talk about our future together. Now its here and your not."

"I know-"

"You would be 19. Not even old enough to drink-"

"That never stopped us though." Maya interupted.

"Thats not the point. The point is, your life ended just before it was about to begin." Nicole was sobbing at this point. "Now I feel guilty for doing the things that we promised we would do together. I'm doing those things alone and I can't help but feel bad about it."

"Nicole?" Another voice called.

"What was that?" Nicole turned to Maya frightened.

"You're waking up." Maya smiled.

"I don't want to wake up!"

"Nicole!" The voice called again.

"You can see me anytime you want, all you have to do is fall asleep." Maya said softly. "See you later, I love you. And hey, some advice; whatever life throws at you, don't be afraid of it. Some things that seem terrifying, aren't even something to worry about."

"What do you mean?" She asked, as Maya started fading away. "I love you!"

"NICOLE?"

***

"Nicole!" Clay said again, shaking the girl one last time.

Nicole sat up instantly, looking around before her eyes landed on Clay. He looked at her worriedly, examining the tears that had stained her cheeks.

In a second, Nicole had thrown herself into the mans arms, sobbing.

"Its okay, you're okay. I'm here." He spoke softly rubbing her back.

---------

A/N: WOAHHHHHHHHH

okay, so if you didnt understand, nicole had a dream about maya, basically telling her that it was okay to move on and be happy without her. then, she told nicole that "whatever life throws at her, she shouldnt be afraid of." suggesting that she shouldnt be afraid of what shes feeling for dream. fuuuuuck.

THIS WAS KINDA A LONG CHAPTER LMFAO.

I AM NOT OKAY AFTER WRITING THAT.

ANYWAYS, ILY SO MUCH !!!!!!!!!

-ISA <3