023

Meanwhile in Florida...

Clay ran his hands through his hair and opened discord. 

He clicked on Alex's profile and started a call. 

"Hey dude, I was just about to call you." Alex said. 

"Have you talked to Nicole, she just hung up on me. Is she okay?" Clay ranted. 

It made Alex feel ten times better about what he was about to do. 

"Yeah, I just got off the phone with her. Listen um- I actually have a question for you." Alex said. 

Clay heard his serious tone and listened intently.

"Okay so, Nicole struggles with panic attacks." Alex hesitated. "They have been getting worse and worse ever since Maya died and I'm worried that one day, I won't answer her call when she needs me." 

Clay hummed in response, unsure if Alex was finished or not. 

"And as you know, Nicole is moving to Florida for college." 

"Wait, Quackity, are you suggesting that I ask her to move in with me?" Clay asked. 

"I wouldn't be suggesting it if I didn't trust you, Dream. If I didn't trust you, I would have made her transfer to California." He said, rubbing his temple. 

"You trust me?" Clay pressed. 

"Oh my god. Yes! I trust you enough to take care of my bestfriend and not break her heart and gaslight her like-" Alex stopped himself. 

"What?" 

Alex sighed in defeat. "Her ex boyfriend. The one who leaked her eating disorder. He lied to her, abused her, gaslighted her, and pretty much hurt her in every way possible. Don't tell her I told you." 

"I won't. And I would never hurt her." 

The two talked for a bit longer before Clay hung up and rang Nicole. 

"Hey! Sorry I was gonna call you back but then-" He cut her off. 

"Do you want to move in with me?" He asked. 

The girl was stunned. "What. Is this what Alex was doing?" 

"Yep." He chuckled. 

"Well gee Dreamy-Pooh. You're gonna have to give me time to think about that." 

"And that's totally fine. I don't wanna pressure you-" It was her turn to cut him off. 

"Yes."

"...What?"

"I thought about it. Yes, I will be your roommate." She giggled slightly. 

"Uh. Okay. Yeah! This will be great. 

"Well, I suppose I better start packing." She said. 

"Of course." He nodded and chuckled. 

The two bid their goodbyes and hung up. 

Clay laid back on his bed staring at the ceiling with a large smile on his face. 

Where as in Missouri, if you looked close enough, you could see the teen girl jumping around her room, ready for the adventure ahead of her. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: SHITTY CHAPTER ALERT!!!!!!!

pls stay safe !!

i love you

-bell