Aragog's Funeral

Chapter 30 - Aragog's Funeral

Taylor, Harry, Ron, Ginny, and Luna (who joined them at the Burrow after New Years) flooed straight into Hogwarts where they were bombarded with hugs from Hermione.

"Oh Merlin! I'm so happy! Why did you do it without even telling me Ginny? Oh, who cares? You're finally together!" she squealed.

"Wait, what are you talking about?" asked Taylor while chuckling.

"Well, that you and Harry are together of course! I've been waiting for this since 4th year, and so have all of the other girls! I still can't believe that Ginny didn't tell me but I'm so happy for you!" Taylor and Harry's jaw dropped.

"H-how did you find out? We haven't told anyone!"

"Well, Fred and George were there and they told Ginny who told me and Luna. Fred and George also told some Hogwarts students who came to their shop, so.... I'm pretty sure the whole school knows by now," Hermione said, still beaming. Taylor's hair quickly turned red as she muttered something about 'killing those bastards' and Harry just stood there shocked with his eyes wide. They were interrupted by Ginny and Luna leaving as Lavender came and took Ron away which made the trio glare at both her and Ron. However, when Lavender congratulated Harry and Taylor, she honestly didn't know how to react. She didn't necessarily want anyone to know? But she actually did really like Harry, and just never noticed it. So, she gave a half-smile half-glare and they all left towards the Gryffindor tower.

Taylor was met for the next few days with glares from various girls which honestly confused her, seeing as she still didn't understand how the news was spread so quickly, but she was happy. Hermione had gone on and on about how Taylor had not seen her feelings for the past two years and how she was 'even more oblivious than Ron and Harry combined', but she knew now and was the happiest she had been in her time at Hogwarts, even with Voldemort out in the open.

Harry told them about his meeting with Dumbledore and how he needed to get the memory of Slughorn while still implementing his idea of Malfoy being a death eater. However, new news distracted them from the war was apparition lessons for the sixth and seventh years. Taylor had come close to achieving the skill, but didn't actually move anywhere.

A few weeks later, Taylor was awakened with the news that her cousin had been poisoned. Though they were still in their ongoing fight about Lavender and Hermione, she immediately rushed to the hospital wing. She was in the middle of being worried terribly about Ron, annoyed by Lavender, proud that Ron had mumbled "Hermione" in his sleep, or infuriated that Romilda Vane had given Harry a love potion. All that and confused about who was trying to attack who in the school.

Her bad day was only turned worse when she learned the news that Cormac McLaggen would be taking Ron's place on the Gryffindor quidditch team. He not only was acting like the captain of the team and bossing everyone around, but he still flirted with her which always put Harry on edge and eventually lead her to punch him in the jaw one practice. It took an hour to change her hair from a flaming red to another color, brown.

The game quickly came but turned out horribly when McLaggen continuously got distracted from his post, trying to order the teammates around. It was stopped when out of nowhere, McLaggen grabbed one of the beaters' bats and cracked Harry's skull with it. They moved him off of the pitch but the game lost quickly without a seeker, leaving the Gryffindor team to deal with McLaggen. He tried to keep up a strong face but when seeing Taylor's ferocious red hair and deathly glare, he cowered back, only leaving when he had a broken wrist and jaw (which he had just mended from last time) bogies floating all around him, and he was unconscious.

She went to go visit Harry and Ron, where they were able to calm her nerves along with Hermione, but McLaggen ran away from Taylor from then on out. Though Harry continued to bring up his theory of Malfoy as a death eater, Hermione and Ron had to go to take their apparition tests. Taylor was in a bad mood because, "I literally turn 17 in a month!" Harry decided to spy on Malfoy, and, with nothing better to do, she followed. They ran into Tonks on the way where Harry suggested that she could have been in love with Sirius. Taylor burst out laughing, explaining how she was actually in love with Professor Lupin, and how he had been constantly rejecting her simply because he was a werewolf. Tonks and Taylor had always gotten along well, mainly because they were both metamorphagus.

When they got back, Taylor congratulated Hermione on getting her apparition license and made fun of Ron for failing. However, their moods were slightly dampened as they were invited to Aragog's funeral. Taylor remembered the giant spider and agreed with Ron for saying that there was no reason that they would have to go see the dead spider. They were most surprised when Harry decided to go to the funeral, and bring Taylor with him. She repeatedly refused, saying that the potion must have been spiked, but finally gave in, and saw the reason when Lavender broke up with Ron.

They made their way down to the greenhouses, and were nearly there when Harry started talking.

"Hey Tay," he said in his peppy voice and Taylor simply hummed in response.

"You know that you're my best friend, and I've had a crush on you since probably when we met?" Taylor's eyes widened at the sudden change in topic, and Harry was confused with himself as to why he was spilling all of that information, but simply continued with what his gut was telling him to do.

"Well, you're my best friend too. I never realized it, but maybe I had a crush on you as well," she said with a soft smile.

"Yeah, well, you know... I think I love you."

Taylor's eyes widened and she stopped walking. Harry looked back at her, stopping as well, as he was reprimanding his brain for saying that, but all of his worries faded away when Taylor smiled, her hair turning to a more vibrant pink, and said, "I think I love you too." They pulled each other into a soft kiss before the Felix Felicis brought his mind back to the task at hand and they headed down to Hagrid's Hut. The plan was a success as Harry got the memory and Taylor was wondering how her life had taken her to a high boyfriend and a drunk half-giant and potions professor at the funeral of a giant acromantula that had tried to kill her in second year.

She went back to her dorm with a giddy smile on herself as she recounted the nights events to Hermione. Harry found himself smiling as the effects of the luck potion faded away, and he came to the realization that he truly did love her.

And she loved him too.

A/N: Hello! I wanted to add another note because I am so extremely shocked at how many reads this story has gotten! It's absolutely crazy and I'm so thankful for all of the votes and reads that you've given this story. Over 6K reads?!?! It's almost at it's end (which is crazy enough in itself), but then I'll be focusing on my other stories (as well as another two which I've been wanting to write!) But I just wanted to thank you all and also let you know that you should check out my other two stories, Astra and The Time Travel Adventure: Mauraders Era. Thank you so much for the support!